Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-j111tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In security tab I cannot see the option to enable TPM. Also my screen say TPM could not be found

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, @AJINKYA1010  I highly suggest that you do not upgrade to Windows 11 at the moment. A lot of people here have complained about driver issues, software errors, and hardware problems when they upgraded to Windows 11. I also believe that the reason you need the TPM is that your PC may be incompatible with Windows 11 which is already a red flag.

So, the smart choice now is to just continue using Windows 10 till Windows 11 has been sorted out properly.

HP Recommended

Hi, @AJINKYA1010 

Your notebook does not have a TPM security device.

Even if it did, it would have been the older TPM 1.2 version which does not meet the W11 hardware requirements.

Also, your notebook's processor is not supported for W11.

Intel processors need to be 8th generation core or newer, and yours is an intel 4th generation core processor.

If you want to try out W11 on your notebook, you will have to use one of the several W11 hardware check bypass methods to install W11.

I found this method to be the easiest way to do that...

Windows 11 Upgrade Hack on Any Hardware | Dong Knows Tech

Before you install W11, I would make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.