Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13-ad173cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It seems that HP has disabled the ability to charge these envy laptops via the USB-C PD ports for any charger except their brand wall charger... my laptop came with a  wall charger, I need a portable battery bank charger to work.... can you please patch the BIOS to allow this? I can use a usb-c pd emulator adapter to do it but I'd much prefer to plug straight into the usb-c pd port that my computer is equipped with and charge the dam thing as intended. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@cmpcleveland 

Your machine comes with USB-C  65 W AC power adapter part #  L24008-001. It is a smart charger to work wit a smart battery (they speak same language). I know people use portable charger with at least 65W and it works  HP has the following product

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-usb-c-notebook-power-bank

But even so, it only compatible with HP x2 1012 G2; HP x2 612 G2 Tablet; HP Elite x3; HP x2 1012 G1; HP Pro 608 G1; HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2; HP ChromeBook x360 11 G1 EE; HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2; HP EliteBook Folio G1

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The 1.8 star rated product you linked is both out of stock and apparently garbage accoding to reviewers.. Im asking HP to patch the BIOS so I can use the charger of my choice.. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.