Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nerys71
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 15 bs006cy Fn key does not work in windows 10 - Works during boot.

HP Recommended
HP 15 bs006cy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Fn keys do not work. so I can't turn on the keyboard backlight or change screen brightness.

The hardware appears to be fine. during bootup (before windows starts) I can use the Fn key to turn on the keyboard backlight but once windows loads the Fn key stops working.

I suspect I need a driver or utility to regain this functionality. I found the driver download page but nothing their screams out at me "install me" to fix function keys.

Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nerys71
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem fixed.

Apparently its ACTION KEYS that do not work in windows 10. this was "enabled" in bios. when I disabled it the Fn key and associated functions now work in windows 10.

SO if you have an hp machine like this and your Fn does NOT work in windows go into bios and see if action mode is ENABLED if it is disable it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Nerys71
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem fixed.

Apparently its ACTION KEYS that do not work in windows 10. this was "enabled" in bios. when I disabled it the Fn key and associated functions now work in windows 10.

SO if you have an hp machine like this and your Fn does NOT work in windows go into bios and see if action mode is ENABLED if it is disable it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation