Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion notebook 17-g121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Nr N9E13UA#ABA

Unable to feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, existing version is 1607. I am asked to update bios in order to get the version 1803.

I have the desired bios update version F.45 Rev A (sp80252.exe) from the link that HP support provided for my notebook.

However it's related download information lists previous versions as F.43 Rev.A -Apr 20, 2017 and F.41 Rev.A -Oct 14, 2016 but my existing version F.42-11/30/2016 is not listed therein.

Please advise if it will be safe to install the downloaded bios update in this situation?

Thanks

Anil

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Novicenr1

The fact that the website does not list all previous BIOS versions means nothing. This is not related to the latest version nor is an indication of a problem.

Download the latest version of the BIOS and try to install it >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-17-g100-notebook-pc-series/84...

General instructions for BIOS installation and recovery >> https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c00042629

Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I had the same issue, tried to fresh load the machine and couldn't boot from USB or Flash.
Problem I had was I couldn't load the BIOS cause I couldn't get back into windows.

So I created the USB Bios disk (that had multiple errors on 3 different machines)

In my win7 machine it had an instant error.

On a fresh loaded win7 machine it would look like it finished but would lock up and I had to CNTL+ALT+DEL

On a win10 machine it would start the process look like it finished and then the window would just close never saying Completed.

I was finally able to flash the bios by holding Windows Key+B and holding power on for 3 secs.

I continued to hold WinKey+B for maybe 8-10sec and the thing saw the flash drive, updated and worked!
I had a hard time finding how to flash the bios when I couldn't do it through the bios or windows.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.