Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
250 G5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, bought this laptop few months ago, but windows 10 which was preinstalled os was running slow, so i filled hdd with zeros and installed win 7 x64 in legacy mode enabled, uefi, hdd formated gpt. Now im unsure which drivers to install. I already installed graphic driver, sound driver, intel trusted execution interface, ethernet driver, intel dynamic platform and thermal framework client driver. 

I have two other devices left:

Network Controller:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3165&SUBSYS_40108086&REV_81
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3165&SUBSYS_40108086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3165&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3165&CC_0280

Which should be this driver: Intel Wireless LAN Drivers (according to text from downside of the notebook: "Cointains intel radio model: 3165NGW"). From which i found on web, this driver is outdated and new driver should be used. Please don´t ask me about source of this information, i forgot it.

Unknown Device:

ACPI\MSFT0101
*MSFT0101

-no clue about this at all

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the wireless, use the latest driver directly from Intel...the first one at the top left side of the page is for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27205/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

That wifi card also comes with bluetooth, so you will also need the Intel BT driver...1st one at the top left side of the page for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26946/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-7-?product=8945...

For the unknown device...that is the Trusted Platform Module v2.0 device, and the only place you can get that driver is from Microsoft by completing a request to have the driver link e-mailed to you.

I had done this a long time ago, so I have zipped up and attached the file you need to run to install that device below.

Download, unzip and run the file I attached to install the unknown device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the wireless, use the latest driver directly from Intel...the first one at the top left side of the page is for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27205/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

That wifi card also comes with bluetooth, so you will also need the Intel BT driver...1st one at the top left side of the page for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26946/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-7-?product=8945...

For the unknown device...that is the Trusted Platform Module v2.0 device, and the only place you can get that driver is from Microsoft by completing a request to have the driver link e-mailed to you.

I had done this a long time ago, so I have zipped up and attached the file you need to run to install that device below.

Download, unzip and run the file I attached to install the unknown device.

HP Recommended

Thanks, everything you suggested, works.

My last troughs are about this drivers, do i need them ?

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

Realtek Card Reader Driver - don´t know if it´s correct card reader manufacter i have in my laptop, i´m unable to find it anywhere in device manager and according to this page (HP 250 G5 Notebook PC - Specifications) it shoud be "HP Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader"

Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver - seems to be installed according to this (windows installation was performed by usb 3.0 dongle, patched with intel usb 3.0 creator utility):

Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller DriverIntel USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver

btw. my exact notebook configuration is: HP 250 G5 (X0Q26ES). It´s in Slovak language, hope you understand it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need all of the drivers listed except the Intel Rapid Storage Tech driver.

If the card reader needs a driver, there will be a device listed in the device manager simply called a PCI Device.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Will proceed with a installation and hope everything work fine. Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You have a nice day too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.