Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 640 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi team,

In HP 640 G1 model in the device manager Generic Mobile Broadband Card driver showing as exclimatory mark.

and the Device ID is 

USB\VID_03F0&PID_521D&MI_00\6&192B60B8&0&0000.

I have tried so many drivers whicha re avaiable under HP 640 G1 software driver portal But no luck.

Let me know the exact driver to gix this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the hardware ID you posted that device is part of the HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband USB Enumerator.

So, you tried this driver and it didn't work, correct?

This package contains the device drivers for the HP hs3110/hs3114 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband modules.This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78749.exe

I explored the driver folder contents, and the setup information file contains support for the following hardware ID's...

[ewgnss_WinUSB.NTamd64]
%MBBGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_12D1&PID_1570&MI_02
%MBBGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_12D1&PID_1573&MI_02
%MBBGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_12D1&PID_15F0&MI_02
%HPGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_521D&MI_02
%HPGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_541D&MI_02
%HPGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_561D&MI_02
%HPGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_581D&MI_02
%HPGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_591D&MI_02
%HPGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_631D&MI_02
%HPGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_641D&MI_02
%HPGNSSDevice.DeviceDesc% = GNSS_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_681D&MI_02

Notice that they are all _02, and not _00 like yours.  I checked older revisions of the driver, and they are all the same--with _02.

So, what I would try would be to change the _02 to a _00 for your device's hardware ID, save the change and re-run the setup application from within the driver file.

When you ran the driver file, a driver folder was created in C:\SWSetup\sp78749.

Click on the sp78749 folder>Drivers>Win10X64>ewgnss setup information file.

Change the hardware ID from USB\VID_03F0&PID_521D&MI_02 to USB\VID_03F0&PID_521D&MI_00, save the change, and run the HP installer file from inside the sp78749 folder, and see if it works that way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.