07-12-2019 08:10 AM
I have an update available for the HP Audio Switch that won't install. I get an error that something went wrong and to try again later. This is for HP Audio Switch SoftPaq# sp96765 Ver# 22.214.171.124. Is this a concern? Should I just delete the update from HP Support Assistant?
07-15-2019 02:16 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Is sound working on this computer?
While you respond to that, let's try this workaround:
Let's perform an HP Support Assistant:
As windows update failed to update HP audio switch driver try installing it from HP Support Assistant:
Firstly, Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee