Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
2000-365DX Notbook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Battery Check

Primary Battery

An error was encountered trying to access the battery. Please re-

insert the battery and the AC Adapter to retest the battery

Current State: Charged (97%)

How to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@benko103,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the battery not working properly on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to run any test on the Battery from F2?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the battery drivers from device manager?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Let's start off by performing a HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)  

Next thing, I would suggest here is to run the test on the battery from F2.(Click on Component test - Scroll down to Power)

Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance.

Depending on the test results, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 

1. Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Battery Check works fine on my HP Laptop with Windows 10.

The Battery Check fails with Error, Status: Unknown(93) on my small Laptop with Windows 8

The Battery Check fails with Error, Status: Unknown(94) on my HP Laptop with Windows 7

My humble opinion is that Unknown(93)  and Unknown(94) should have some meaning for HP. Therefore HP should issue a repair program for each Error Code!

HP Recommended

@benko103,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you are trying to run the test from the OS, I would recommend you download the latest HP Hardware diagnostic for Windows.

download the latest version from the HP Hardware Diagnostics website.

Once you have installed, please go ahead and restart the computer.

Now, I would suggest you to run the test on the battery from F2.(Click on Component test - Scroll down to Power)

Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance.

Please respond to this post with the details of the troubleshooting for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am ahead of you. The latest HP Hardware diagnostic for Windows has been installed on my computer 5/11/2018

The properties are shown below:

Description
File description HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows
Type Application
File version 4.0.100.1189
Product name SP87619
Product version 1.5.0.0 - Rev A
Copyright (O Copyright 2018 HP Inc. 1
Size 35.7 MB
Date modified 5/11/2018 4:07 PM
Language English (United States)
Original filename stub32.exe

I did run the F2 on 5/11/2018 but I do not remember the deatailes. I try to run it again later today and post it then.

HP Recommended

F2 Battery Test

Battery Test: PASSED(10)

Where do we go from here?

HP Recommended

@benko103

Thanks for replying.

As @Jeet_singh is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

Glad to know that battery test passed. I read your previous posts and read that you have uninstalled and reinstall the battery drivers and have updated the BIOS and the issue persists. You have calibrated the battery too.

For further course of action, I suggest you to contact phone support as already suggested in one of the earlier posts. 

Hope this works out. 

Good luck! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.