Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

no update, no website, no phone number, not even an internal route to anyone that knows anything about what we're talking about.  Complete scam.  I've had multiple issues with HP in the past and the only time I've actually gotten anywhere is typing a letter and sending it to headquarters.  So that's my next step I guess. 

HP Recommended

Please keep us informed if you make any progress, and I will do the same.

HP Recommended

No progress on my end either, but will definitely keep everyone updated if I make any headway.  I never did receive a private message from someone at HP as one of the responses on a different thread on this topic stated.  I am not willing to let this go and will not be satisfied until I get my refund.  Thankfully, my laptop hasn't had any issues and is continuing to run smoothly.  However, with technology advancements, it doesn't take long for a laptop to become outdated. I will definiteif ly NOT consider another HP at this point seeing as how they have money of mine that I am owed. I really wish there was a way to warn other customers and discourage them from purchasing one of their CarePacks if they are thinking it's an easy process to get a refund when the Care Pack isn't used.

HP Recommended

So today, March 6, I received an email from Oscar G. at IBS Focus telling me the check has been issued and would be received in 7 to 10 business days.  I had been emailing IBS Focus every fourth day or so asking for an update.  I do not know whether "bugging him" is the reason for the response, but it could not of hurt.  It has been a little over 3 months since I submitted the original claim  I will be watching my mailbox!

HP Recommended

Who is IBS Focus?  Do you have a phone number?  Thanks for the update.

HP Recommended

I've had a similar experience. I submitted the paperwork on 10/8/22. Oscar G at HP Mexico(IBS Focus CRC) confirmed he had all the required paperwork. It would take about 6-8 weeks to process. Haven't heard back from IBS. I sent follow up emails on 1/7/23, 2/4/23 and 3/1/23. No response from anyone. I have no idea who to turn too since the websites don't provide an escalation process for issues with Care Pack Rebates. Anyone have any luck getting a hold of someone who actually helped?

HP Recommended

@Pippa201 Fingers crossed, the check is really in the mail! Please update us once you officially receive the check.  I'm going to try your strategy and increase the number of emails that I send requesting a status update on the rebate.

HP Recommended

IBS Focus is the processor for the rebate.  I emailed my original rebate request and follow-ups to [content removed].  They are located in Mexico.  Here is a contact email for a supervisor (Carols de Leon) from the email I received yesterday:

Please follow the below escalation path if you do not get a response.

[content removed]

HP Recommended

Good news, the check arrived in the mail today!  On the other hand, my 2 1/2 year old HP printer now prints pink instead of blue.  I believe it is an electrical issue, as I have done 7 printhead cleanings and changed the Cyan cartridge.  But this is a topic for a different board.....Good luck to everyone waiting for a Care Pack rebate check.

HP Recommended

Ahhhh that is FANTABULOUS news!!!!  I'm not giving up and have already emailed Oscar as well as the original IBS Focus email twice this week without a response yet.  I'm going to try another couple of weeks of emails before I compose a formal letter to email to HP executives (their emails can be found online).  I am sure they will say that it is not their company who processes the rebates.  However, when you are selling a product with a GUARANTEED rebate and you hire an outside company to provide the service, that company is a direct reflection on your company as well.  As a side note, did you happen to notice that the email addresses you posted have been edited out by the "powers that be"?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.