Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Have a Probook 450 G5 and trying to setup my client security so that i can us some of the features like the password manager but with the startup it request me to enter my Microsoft password.When i enter the correct password it displays the message below in screen shot "The username or password incorrect".Can someone assist with a work around.

Thanks

HP Client Security.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AJ1975 

@AJ1975 wrote:

Hi Have a Probook 450 G5 and trying to setup my client security so that i can us some of the features like the password manager but with the startup it request me to enter my Microsoft password.When i enter the correct password it displays the message below in screen shot "The username or password incorrect".Can someone assist with a work around.

Thanks

I can offer a couple of places to check and a couple of suggestions.

Be Aware:

We cannot offer anything that will breach the security of the computer.

Not.  Doing so is against our written policies.

Effective March 2019 >> Community Rules of Participation

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

NOTE:  Do NOT respond to anyone who sends you a Private Message and offers to help.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - Continuing...

There is no work around - to set up / access HP Client Security, you must have / use the (correct) Microsoft password.  Normally, this is the same Windows password you use to log into your computer.

Your account type must include administrative privileges.  There is no way to bypass this requirement.  Standard user account cannot be used to set up security software.

What to do?

You could try uninstalling the existing HP Client Security Manager Software from Programs and Features.

Afterwards, Restart the computer and log in.

Download-Save-Install a fresh copy of HP Client Security Manager Software

Try to set up HP Client Security...

=============================================================================

What else?

Make sure your Windows Updates and your HP Software and Drivers are current and installed.

Related!

If you have not done so, Update the BIOS version on the computer.

NOTES:

• Be very sure the computer is connected to AC power during the entire BIOS update process.
  • Do not run other programs while updating the BIOS.
  • Do not interrupt the process - it can take several long minutes to "flash the BIOS" - if you become impatient and kill the update, you will likely kill your computer.  After the "flash" bit, eventually the computer reboots on its own.  Do not panic and start pressing buttons.  Wait it out, in other words.

BIOS Driver Page

HP ProBook 450 G5 Notebook PC - HP Firmware Pack (Q85)

What else?

Create a new account and try it to set up Client Security.

NOTES

If creating a new account works, it means your original account on the computer is "not right" to use Client Security Software.  That might mean that you must make a choice to copy your data from the old account to the new account and "move your life" to the new account.

If it does not work, then the issue is buried somewhere else - perhaps your computer software and drivers are out of date (unlikely the direct cause since the error is quite specific). 

There is still no workaround to needing the Microsoft account to set up and manage HP Client Security.

Open your browser

Open Microsoft Homepage 

Make sure your Microsoft account is active, usable, valid.

Need a new account?

How to create a new Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Create a new local account on the computer.

After the account is created, edit the account and change the account type to "Administrator"

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Once logged in, open Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options

Change the login type to "Use Microsoft account"

Switch from a local account to a Microsoft account

Log out of the new account.

Try to set up your HP Client Security Software.

================================================================

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ProBook 450 G5 Notebook PC 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AJ1975 

@AJ1975 wrote:

Thanks

I can offer a couple of places to check and a couple of suggestions.

Be Aware:

We cannot offer anything that will breach the security of the computer.

Not.  Doing so is against our written policies.

Effective March 2019 >> Community Rules of Participation

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

NOTE:  Do NOT respond to anyone who sends you a Private Message and offers to help.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - Continuing...

There is no work around - to set up / access HP Client Security, you must have / use the (correct) Microsoft password.  Normally, this is the same Windows password you use to log into your computer.

Your account type must include administrative privileges.  There is no way to bypass this requirement.  Standard user account cannot be used to set up security software.

What to do?

You could try uninstalling the existing HP Client Security Manager Software from Programs and Features.

Afterwards, Restart the computer and log in.

Download-Save-Install a fresh copy of HP Client Security Manager Software

Try to set up HP Client Security...

What else?

Make sure your Windows Updates and your HP Software and Drivers are current and installed.

Related!

If you have not done so, Update the BIOS version on the computer.

NOTES:

• Be very sure the computer is connected to AC power during the entire BIOS update process.
  • Do not run other programs while updating the BIOS.
  • Do not interrupt the process - it can take several long minutes to "flash the BIOS" - if you become impatient and kill the update, you will likely kill your computer.  After the "flash" bit, eventually the computer reboots on its own.  Do not panic and start pressing buttons.  Wait it out, in other words.

BIOS Driver Page

HP ProBook 450 G5 Notebook PC - HP Firmware Pack (Q85)

What else?

Create a new account and try it to set up Client Security.

NOTES

If creating a new account works, it means your original account on the computer is "not right" to use Client Security Software.  That might mean that you must make a choice to copy your data from the old account to the new account and "move your life" to the new account.

If it does not work, then the issue is buried somewhere else - perhaps your computer software and drivers are out of date (unlikely the direct cause since the error is quite specific). 

There is still no workaround to needing the Microsoft account to set up and manage HP Client Security.

Open your browser

Open Microsoft Homepage 

Make sure your Microsoft account is active, usable, valid.

Need a new account?

How to create a new Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Create a new local account on the computer.

After the account is created, edit the account and change the account type to "Administrator"

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Once logged in, open Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options

Change the login type to "Use Microsoft account"

Switch from a local account to a Microsoft account

Log out of the new account.

Try to set up your HP Client Security Software.

================================================================

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ProBook 450 G5 Notebook PC 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur

Thank you for the support .I did uninstall and reinstalled the Client Security Manager but that did not resolve the issue.The next thing i tried is creating a local account then the client security work on the local account.I then logged in to the MS account and it then accepted the password although it was the same password previously used.

So my issue have been resolved thanks.

HP Recommended

@AJ1975 

Excellent.

You are welcome.

I am glad it is resolved.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.