Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop - 15-ep0010na

I've Updated everything and uninstalled and reinstalled HP command center but still get the error:

"HP discovered that a required component needs to be updated by our technology supplier. Until this update is deployed, this control function will be inaccessible. However, this issue will not affect other aspects of the ENVY15."

My laptop is at the point where it is too hot to touch and I cannot perform my responsibilities due to thermal throttling with the CPU averaging 86°C and GPU at 78°C. 

HP Command Center Version: 1.11.54.0

Windows 11: 23H2 22613.2715

Hope this can be resolved, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @RedBaron1441,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like you are experiencing thermal issues with your HP ENVY laptop, and the error message you're receiving from the HP Command Center indicates a problem with a required component that needs updating. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the thermal issues and address the error.

• Check for BIOS/UEFI updates: Ensure that your laptop's BIOS or UEFI firmware is up to date. Visit the official HP support website for your laptop model and download the latest BIOS/UEFI update. Sometimes, these updates include improvements to thermal management.
  • Update Windows: Make sure your Windows operating system is fully updated. Check for Windows updates and install any pending updates. Microsoft frequently releases updates that include performance and thermal management improvements.
  • Check Power Settings: Ensure that your power settings are optimized. In the Windows Power Options, select a balanced power plan or customize the settings to balance performance and power consumption.
  • Clean the Laptop: Dust accumulation can contribute to overheating. Make sure your laptop vents are clear of dust. You can use compressed air to blow out any dust from the vents.
  • Use an External Cooling Pad: Consider using an external cooling pad to help dissipate heat. These pads often have built-in fans that can assist in keeping your laptop cooler.
  • Monitor Temperature Using Third-Party Software: Install third-party software to monitor your laptop's temperature in real-time. This can help you identify specific processes or applications that might be causing excessive heat.
  • Undervolt CPU (Advanced users): Undervolting can be a more advanced step to reduce heat generation. However, this may void your warranty, so proceed with caution and do thorough research before attempting this.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.