Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17 2LE10EA#BED
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, so I bought my HP Omen 17 two weeks ago, and I was just wondering (since I've seen people using it on youtube) how to turn on the HP OMEN Command Center? I've seen people saying that the "OMEN Key" located above the "Num Lock" key is supposed to open it. I've tried it and it didn't open it. Should I install some drivers or something like that? I already have HP Support Assistant and on the HP web page it says that "HP Command Center" is coming soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Sleep12

Your Omen should have had the Command Center already working out of the box. The fact that it doesnt is very strange if the laptop hasn't had the OS wiped and Win 10 clean reinstalled from the Microsoft ISO download.

The Command Center for Omen Laptops was first released for your series. It will do most of what the description says in that link you provided, but it will not Overclock or change the keyboard lighting colors. That is a feature of the next series called Omen X.

If your system does not have the CMD Center working, give the instructions below a try, it has work for several others.

==================================

First, download and install  Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Next, download SYSTEM.SAV.rar

Extract the rar file.

NOTE: You might need "7zip" installed if you cannot bring up the option to extract it.

7zip download. Most systems, just install the 64bit exe version.

Then right click the rar file >choose 7zip>choose Extract here.

Open the SYSTEM.SAV folder, then open the flags folder. "Copy" the OMENALLYINSTALL file.

Navigate to  C:\SYSTEM.SAV\Flags  and "paste" the install file.

At this point make sure the Omen keys are functioning (meaning F-keys and programmable keys).

If they do not work, make sure you have the HP System Event Utility installed for your system.

sp81404.exe

Once you have working Omen keys verified, continue.

Download the file command center.rar registry fix and extract it.

Open the folder and double click the reg file to install it.

Now you can install the Command Center.

sp80856.exe

That should hopefully do it. If its still not working, you have some other strange issue going on that perhaps doing an HP Recovery will fix.

Which BTW, this would also be a good time to burn your HP USB Recovery media if you haven't yet.

If your hard drive crashes some day, this will help.

Let me know how it turns out.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Sleep12

Probably you are talking about HP Omen Command Center

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05387497

It should be pre-installed on your computer. Please use tha above instructions  otherwise please try the following software

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe

(Note: it only works with a right HP Omen machine).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

We're talking about laptop, right.

I obviously don't have the HP Omen Command Center installed but what's the point of the OMEN key on my keyboard then?

The second link that you mentioned is a link for a HP Omen Control, which customizes P1,P2,P3,P4,P5 and P6 keys, but doesn't show my CPU temperature and other cool things as this program does on this link: 

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05387497

Also, the HP site says that he "HP OMEN Command Center" is coming soon: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/gamingpcs/overview.html#software

HP Recommended

Hello @Sleep12

Your Omen should have had the Command Center already working out of the box. The fact that it doesnt is very strange if the laptop hasn't had the OS wiped and Win 10 clean reinstalled from the Microsoft ISO download.

The Command Center for Omen Laptops was first released for your series. It will do most of what the description says in that link you provided, but it will not Overclock or change the keyboard lighting colors. That is a feature of the next series called Omen X.

If your system does not have the CMD Center working, give the instructions below a try, it has work for several others.

==================================

First, download and install  Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Next, download SYSTEM.SAV.rar

Extract the rar file.

NOTE: You might need "7zip" installed if you cannot bring up the option to extract it.

7zip download. Most systems, just install the 64bit exe version.

Then right click the rar file >choose 7zip>choose Extract here.

Open the SYSTEM.SAV folder, then open the flags folder. "Copy" the OMENALLYINSTALL file.

Navigate to  C:\SYSTEM.SAV\Flags  and "paste" the install file.

At this point make sure the Omen keys are functioning (meaning F-keys and programmable keys).

If they do not work, make sure you have the HP System Event Utility installed for your system.

sp81404.exe

Once you have working Omen keys verified, continue.

Download the file command center.rar registry fix and extract it.

Open the folder and double click the reg file to install it.

Now you can install the Command Center.

sp80856.exe

That should hopefully do it. If its still not working, you have some other strange issue going on that perhaps doing an HP Recovery will fix.

Which BTW, this would also be a good time to burn your HP USB Recovery media if you haven't yet.

If your hard drive crashes some day, this will help.

Let me know how it turns out.

HP Recommended

I have done all of this as you mentioned, and it still doesn't work. I can't even find "OMEN Command Center" in Windows Search. Something pretty weird is happening.

Maybe it's the problem because I don't use the original Windows since my Laptop was FreeDOS.

HP Recommended

The fix above should have worked if you installed Windows from the MS iso.

What version of Windows 10 are you using? Home or Pro?

How did you obtain it?

Have you installed all the other drivers for your using system from HP as well and is Windows fully updated?

Drivers...

Ive heard rumor that the CMD Center wont work in Pro, but I have not been able to confirm it.

HP Recommended

Hello, I tried doing the last thing that you've mentioned and now I can locate the OMEN Command Center in my Search on Windows 10. But, I still cannot open the application with the OMEN key. Is there a solution for that? Otherwise, it works just fine.

HP Recommended

Did you also install the System Event Utility above?

Are the other Function keys working?

If yes and the Omen key still does not work, try Fn + Omen key.

If it still does not work, I dont know what is wrong.

HP Recommended

Yeah, all other Fn keys are working, except the OMEN key, but now I atleast have the OMEN Command Center 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.