Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ58-251SQ
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

A friend of mine asked me perform a fresh Windows install on the mentioned product. It's currently running Windows 10, however, I'm told it's always been sluggish, so we agreed to replace it with Windows 7. Question is, are there drivers available for this version? I wasn't able to find any in the drivers section, though I did see mentions in the product's manual that Windows 7 was supported.

Can you please help me out with a list of all available drivers for Windows 7, if available?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use the W7 drivers from the base model CQ58-200...

Compaq CQ58-200 Notebook PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Excellent, thank you!

I'll get back with feedback as soon as I finish the process. Much appreciated 😊

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

HP Recommended

Sooo.. first question

Are there no Chipset/Graphics drivers available for Win7 ? 😛

HP Recommended

Hi:

What are the specs for your notebook?

I can't find any.

Like what model processor and graphics does it have, for example?

The other problem is your notebook originally came with Windows 8, so there wouldn't be many drivers for W7.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I did see that caveat.. didn't lose hope though 🙂

Processor: AMD E1-1200 APU

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7310 ( PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9809&cc_0300 )

Then a few others I'd likely need would be:

- WiFi: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

- USB Controller: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7807&CC_0C03 or PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7808&CC_0C03

- Cam: USB\VID_064E&PID_E263&MI_00

If they're not available for Win7 I could just talk him into using 8.1 (which I'd rather not) or continue using 10, I guess 😛

HP Recommended

OK, thanks.

You can use the W7 drivers from this model on yours, except the BIOS and firmware files.

HP 2000z-2a00 CTO Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

For some crazy reason, HP does not provide the AMD chipset drivers for their AMD notebooks.

Use the one directly from AMD.  Select the W7 64 bit driver from the list.

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

870 Drivers & Support | AMD

The Webcam is USB powered, so after you install the above chipset driver, that should be installed afterward.

You need this driver for the Atheros Wifi adapter...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58001-58500/sp58326.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.