Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This program was successfully installed, but when I try to open it - nothing happens. The program is running, but the icon doesn't appear in the desktop tray. What should I do? I don't know if the program works or not.

Screenshot-2.PNG

Screenshot-1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OH!

I finally repaired the program!

I did next steps:

1. Opened a System Control Panel.
  2. On this window opened "Programs and Components".
  3. Found HP CoolSence and clicked "Restore".

Снимок.PNG

After that progress, PROGRAM WILL START WORKING!

Снимок1.PNG

Unfortunately, I solved the problem myself. Nevertheless, thank you for what you have paid attention to this problem. By the way, write on the page that the application of such a point: "What to do if the application is not working properly".

=^_^= Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

+ BONUS

I can't un- (or re-)install this program. Even repair is not successful...

Снимок.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi @Dan-WiiU-Killer,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! It's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues installing HP cool sense program on your computer.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • What is the exact model of your computer?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

I would like to inform you that HP cool sense is a software designed to manage the temperature of your computer. However, this feature is supported only in some HP notebook computers. If this software didn’t come pre-installed on your computer it means that your computer doesn’t support this feature.

For more information please refer to the below article.

http://hp.care/2w6Y3Hx

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • Honestly, I did not notice the "breakage" of the program initially. So I will note the date of the first emergency shutdown of the PC due to its overheating (I played a game that took up a lot of RAM): June 27, 2017.
  • Excuse me, exact model is not a "HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC"?

Снимок.PNG

• I installed new game Total War: Warhammer and new program Sony Vegas Pro a moments ago. I don't know, but a long time ago, I uninstalled HP Support Assistant (due to the fact that it was useless) and if this could affect the performance of this application.
  • I tried repair CoolSence - unknown error appears. I tried uninstall CoolSence - unknown error appears again. I tried install CoolSence over already installed - no errors appears... But still not working normally.

IT DOES. HP CoolSence have been pre-installed on my computer after FIRST turning PC on...

HP Recommended

OH!

I finally repaired the program!

I did next steps:

1. Opened a System Control Panel.
  2. On this window opened "Programs and Components".
  3. Found HP CoolSence and clicked "Restore".

Снимок.PNG

After that progress, PROGRAM WILL START WORKING!

Снимок1.PNG

Unfortunately, I solved the problem myself. Nevertheless, thank you for what you have paid attention to this problem. By the way, write on the page that the application of such a point: "What to do if the application is not working properly".

=^_^= Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Dan-WiiU-Killer

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Go to the control Panl and make sure you put the view to small icons and then search for HP CoolSense you will find it, click on it an then it will appear Capture1.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.