Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

After Standby? I don't know I always reboot as most laptops act glitchy after standby or sleep never trusted either...

HP Recommended

Well I see alls quiet on the the HP front no further BIOs updates. Guess HP lives up up the name Horrrible Products.  I have gone back to only Intel/Nvidia cant bring my self to even use my 360 even though its seems 100 percent stable. I think of all the time I wasted due to a lazy chipmaker and an I don't give[edit] about the customer OEM manufacterer. and my blood starts to boil all over again.. My recommendation NEVER buy anything made by HP or any product with an AMD chip in It. I hope they both go bankrupt......

HP Recommended

I attempted to install Windows 10 1903 update with Adrenalin driver 19.4.3 and resulted in blue screen of death during Windows 10 1903  install  reboot. Windows 10 reverted changes back to Windows 10 1809. 

Adrenalin driver 19.5.1/19.5.2/19.6.1 resulted in black screen of death on Windows 10 1809. I'm attempting to install Windows 10 1903 update with basic VGA driver. I will then try to install Adrenalin driver 19.5.1/19.5.2/19.6.1. 

It's the most unstable hardware system since Windows Vista era.

I have Surface Pro 4 i5 as backup with Windows 10 1903 and latest May 29, 2019 Intel drivers installed. I couldn't decommission my Surface Pro 4 i5  since I don't trust my  Envy 15z.

If my Envy 15z can't be installed with Windows 10 1903 with working GPU driver, I will ditch this laptop. 

I have provisional budget for Intel Lake with 11th gen IGP 2-in-1 laptop if my Envy 15z can't be installed with Windows 10 1903.

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

I  just upgraded last night using the windows update assistant with absolutely no problem. My system specs are x360 envy with R5 2500u, 250 samsung 970 Nvme boot, 2TB Micron oem ssd storage ssd, and 16gb (2 dimms of Gskill 2400) 1961 beta drivers. Machine appears 100 percent stable and is really snappy now. Did you ever do a scratch windows install? I had all sorts of issues that a clean install fixed.. My Bios is the F20 which has been pulled. HP have been real A**hats over support for this machine..  Do you have drive imaging software? If not download Macrium reflect, install it create a rescue usb stick. attach an external drive and backup C drive to an image file. ( PS its free software). Download 1903  from MS to a usb and do the scratch install. (Macrium can totally restore c drive when booted from a usb stick with ext drive attached.)  If that doesn't fix your problem.then strip it for parts take the machine out side and reprogram it with a large axe.....then ship it to HP (of course anonymously) and tell them to put it where the sun don't shine......

HP Recommended

According to BlueScreenView 

1st attempt, bug check string: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, bug checkcode: 0x0000009f, Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe

2nd attempt, bug checkcode: 0x00000133, Caused by driver: hal.dll

Both has DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

@ron_valen wrote:

Adrenalin driver 19.5.1/19.5.2/19.6.1 resulted in black screen of death on Windows 10 1809. I'm attempting to install Windows 10 1903 update with basic VGA driver. I will then try to install Adrenalin driver 19.5.1/19.5.2/19.6.1. 

Have you enabled some feature like Hyper-V, Windows Hypervisor, Virtual Machine platform or Windows Sandbox (that is available only on Windows 1903)? I have boot to black screen when using any version but 19.4.1-Apr3, it seems to me the only one to work with that features in this laptop as far as now.

funzionalita.png

HP Recommended

1st issue, I removed Hyper-V feature before Adrenalin Driver 19.6.1 update attempt which resulted black screen of death. This is with Windows 10 1809. Reverted back to Driver 19.4.3

2nd issue,  I removed Hyper-V feature before Windows 10 1903 upgrade attempt which failed. Reverted back to Windows 10 1809.

Atm, I successfully installed Windows 10 1903 via clean install method. I'm rebuilding my Windows 10 environment from scratch. Most of my documents are stored in MS One Drive. 

My Visual Studio dev is within VM, hence I can move it to another location.

My Envy x360 Ryzen 2500U has F19 BIOS.

HP Recommended

@XXalazin, 

Clean install worked and Windows 10 1903 has been installed. One Drive has restored my documents back down to new OS install.

I may switch to VMware Workstation. 

It would be nicer if HP has pre-configured Windows 10 1903 download image for our laptops.

Driver 19.6.1 has been installed successfully. 

HP Recommended

Congrats. I thought the scratch install might work because mine was pretty bad too. Good old america chinese hp quality.... You should have 1GB of Video ram unlike me I'm stuck at 256. HP F**k all of us. but the f19 allocated 1gb of ram for graphics. Although it does not appear to matter that much because Raven Ridge borrows up to half the ram for video if needed.... Unfortunately their appears no way to install an older bios or roll back one don't upgrade yours BIOS f19 for a different one you could never go back.....

HP Recommended

BIOS's 1GB fake dedicated VRAM is just for brain dead dedicated VRAM checking in games even when Ryzen's 128bit DDR4-2400 is faster than some 64bit dedicated VRAM on low end GPUs.

Have you tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85fvbD7CbmU    registry mod method?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.