Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Latest Andrenalin 19.6.3 fixes Hyper-V / Windows Sandbox support, it is stated in the changelog and I confirm this.

Still haven't tried F.21.

HP Recommended

I really hope the F21 Bios adds back the 1gB vram but can not bring myself to update from F20. My machine seems stable.. Come on someone out do it ,,, I will will send Flowers if your machine dies........I have absolutely no faith in HP......

HP Recommended

Who cares about 1Gb VRAM? Totally pointless, zero benefit exercise. Proved to do NOTHING at all.

After what we've been through 6 months ago who's gonna touch any HP BIOS?

This is a one way road straight to hell, with no hope of getting any help and no undo option even for in-warranty items.

We've seen how HP supports their products... thanks, not interested, unless you hate your money.

HP Recommended

I have installed F.21. VRAM is still at 256MB. I have not tried new AMD graphic drivers

HP Recommended

I read that it was just a security patch. Have you done any testing yet? Let us know if you have ANY issues. Thanks, your a brave soul.....

HP Recommended

I haven't found a single source to show ANY benefit of having 1 GB of preallocated VRAM over 256 MB of the very same, and still shared system memory that is neither special or added or in any way improved. Am I missing something?This 1 GB is just as shared, as useless and as unattractive as the 256 MB. The video graphics in Envy is most basic and incapable junk you can think of nowadays. Sell the laptop and get the one more suitable for gaming, this is a business laptop designed for some mundane tasks with absolutely basic gaming capabilities. Don't waste your time guys, not worth it. Playing with HP BIOS doesn't pay,  that's what I've learnt. HP dragged their feet fixing what they damaged. Are they going to, all of a sudden, make your Yugo fly like Maserati? Keep dreaming.

HP Recommended

You are of course right about the Vram, I have not had a single game fail to run. And benchmarks that tell me I need 6 GB or more still run perfectly fine. I may eventually upgrade to F21 but not until I know its totally safe.. I do however think this is a fair gaming laptop. I can run most games between 30-60 Fps and you honestly don't need more than that, at least I don't. Besides this thing has part of my blood in it LIterally, cut my finger installing the 16gb of ram. I will never get back the money or lost hours. And it does support Windows Ink. It also appears 100 percent stable now.  I am no fool I will NEVER buy another HP and it is very doubtful I ever buy any machine with AMD in it......Like a certain band once said, What a Long Strange Trip it's been....

HP Recommended

Don't forget it was a cheap laptop. Decent looking, metal casing etc... granted. But still cheap on the inside. Many fell for it because of the price. With zero support, on a lowest priority level. HP involvement proves it unequivocally. AMD Ryzen is a decent, for what it is, but still low grade alternative. Does the job in most typical scenarios. Set your expectations accordingly, and most of all, be realistic. All (future) BIOS updates are/will be for security reasons only, not to improve anything. It'll stay the way it always was, a cheap option. Keep that in mind. There is no hidden, miracle unlock to make it into a race machine. It wasn't meant to be.

HP Recommended

Its like your basic car. a Ford not a Maserati. Every once and while I like the Ford......

HP Recommended

Low end Intel 620 IGP is stable with Chrome video playback, hence there's no excuse for a  low cost product to be unstable. 

I'm using AMD's Adrenaline 19.7.2 driver and it's stable for my setup. 

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.