Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

well I knew it was to good to be true. AMD has mucked up the 1992 drivers.. I cannot scale some games to full screen anymore. Before anyone says did you check the setting. Yes I did turned GPU scaling on and off,  selected full screen panel,  turned free sync on and off. Settings made no difference.. Some games work ok some don't, even some newer games are not scaling. **bleep** AMD?  don't don't you bother to check this stuff before posting new drivers,  I'm not talking running 640 by 480., but 1280 by 720 which worked fine before..Yes I know 1920 by 1080 looks nicer but frames rates are in the 50-60 range at 1280 by 720 and I prefer the FPS..  This is why I despise AMD they ,just can't take the time to do their drivers right..... Looks like I'm going to have to go back to the LAst drivers.... 

HP Recommended

Greetings ,

Finally have my laptop running and some free time. I am running into same issues as before. So I have tried virtualbox and vmware. When trying to make a windows vm in virtualbox it just black screens nothing else. When I try it in vmware workstation I get the following error "VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Player can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit http://www.vmware.com/go/turnoff_CG_DG for more details." I did everything recommended to turn off device guard and even had the screen to disable it, but it still pops up. Is this because I am running windows 2019 ltsc? I have the newest bios, updates, drivers.

HP Recommended

Wouldn't it be better if you opened a VMware dedicated thread? How is this related to BIOS?

HP Recommended

Yes, sorry originally found this thread due to frustration of vm and trying to install linux which has issues with the bios. Again sorry.

HP Recommended

Your description indicates Win10/VMware related issue rather than BIOS. I'd suggest digging in this direction. Nothing personal.

To troubleshoot potential Linux issues with x360 Envy try installing & running Linux directly off a separate partition, not in VM.

HP Recommended

Mzarago,

Windows Server 2019 is not client side Windows 10 installation. 

Try,

Just run cmd as Admin and type bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off and REBOOT.

If you need hypervisor for something like Windows emulator tools in Visual Studio just re-enable when you need by typing

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto  and REBOOT

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

Since I think of this post as a gathering place for our beloved HP Envy x360 R 5 2500u laptops, I have come here with a display question.  Although not a superfan of AMD I do concede one factor over Nvidia. Amd colors and saturation seem to me to be better.  I was using Win 10 to play Dolby Atmos but I can't get the external TV, LG 50 4k TV to do 3840 it only will do 1920.. There is no option in the laptop display mode above 1920 by 1080 even with just the TV...  I even made the LG my main display. If I turn off the laptop screen and only use the LG there is no resolution setting shown. However when playing 2160 files my Onkyo NR 686 shows the display to be only 1920 by 1080. The Tv works fine doing 4k on my 1060 nvidia laptop, so I know the TV is working ok. Is this laptop not capable of doing beyond 1920 by 1080?

HP Recommended

Here's notebookcheck.net take:

Connectivity

Available ports are unfortunately closer to the Pavilion x360 than to the Spectre x360. In fact, there are now fewer options compared to last year's model as HP has dropped both the Ethernet port and one USB Type-A port in favor of a single USB Type-C Gen. 1 port. Users who want to output to a native 4K60 external monitor can still do so via the HDMI 2.0b port, but users who wish for Thunderbolt 3 may want to consider the Yoga 720 or Spectre x360 15 instead.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Envy-x360-15-Ryzen-5-2500U-Radeon-Vega-8-Laptop-Review.266614.0.htm...

It has (at least) some 4k capabilities, plays 4k60fps w/o stutter, converts 4k60 to FHD on the fly and outputs to internal/external monitor at FHD. Depending on cables and adapter used it may or may not be able to output 4k to ext. monitor. Chipset should be able to support that. Laptop has to be able to detect an ext. monitor to enable possible UHD mode. Haven't tried that. Again, depends on your HDMI cable and/or USB-C to DP or HDMI adapter... trial and error? No official guide/papers IMO. Not all cables/adapters are equal, some work some don't.

HP Recommended

"...there are now fewer options compared to last year's model as HP has dropped both the Ethernet port and one USB Type-A port in favor of a single USB Type-C Gen. 1 port"

This laptop has two USB Type-A ports, not none.

HP Recommended

There are several HP Envy x360 15m-bq.... submodels depending on region and time of release.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.