Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-01-2022 11:51 PM
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2000 Laptop PC (2P1Z6AV)
Whenever I charged my laptop, it always says INCOMPATIBLE POWER SOURCE DETECTED. now it says LOW POWER SOURCE DETECTED. I tried the HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTIC and tested the battery, ac adaptor, and power source, all of which had PASSED. However, it keeps notifying the same low source of power when i plugged in my charger.
09-09-2022 01:06 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
- 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
- 2. Expand batteries.
- 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
- 4. Shut down the computer.
- 5. Disconnect the charger.
- 6. Remove the battery. (only for removable battery)
- 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
- 8. Insert the battery only. (only for removable battery)
- 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.
I am an HP Employee
09-11-2022 09:56 AM
It happened after the time I bought the laptop. I bought this last January 2022. I thought there were just problem with my power outlet. However, even without charging the laptop with an adaptor, it still the same. plus the connector in my battery kept getting loose. i need to twist the connector until it charged the laptop.
Is this covered with warranty?
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community