Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

just started playing around with HPIA to replace our aged SSM and got an issue I just cannot figure out.

- Got a network share for storing softpacks and logs: \\<server>\HPPAcks, with subdir HPIALogs. All users Read, computers and admins Write access to share.

- HPIA installed on server share \\<server>\HPIA, all Read, Admins Write.

- Running command (as admin) "\\<server>\HPIA\HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Action:Install /Category:All /Selection:All /Silent /ReportFolder:\\<server>\hppacks\HPIAlogs\%computername% /SoftpaqDownloadFolder:\\<server>\hppacks

Runnning as an Admin on a Workstation It kicks in, downloads Softpacks, and creates the logs in in the ..%computername% folders. BUT: it does not unpack and install the SoftPacks. The .HTML-logs just say: "Unable to extract files from SoftPaq" for every one of them.

If I modify the command  to use a local path for SoftpaqDownloadFolder it works, but then again the network folder has no benefits.

Also if I run the GUI on the server hosting the share, directing download to the local shared Softpack folder, it downloads and unpacks everything I ask it to.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RayNorway

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Entering hundreds of model- or serialnumbers here is irrelevant, HP Image Assistant should work on all newer HP computers in an enterprise. The details provided above should be enough.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.