cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Image Assistant 5.0.2 "Unable to extract files from SoftPaq"

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

just started playing around with HPIA to replace our aged SSM and got an issue I just cannot figure out.

- Got a network share for storing softpacks and logs: \\<server>\HPPAcks, with subdir HPIALogs. All users Read, computers and admins Write access to share.

- HPIA installed on server share \\<server>\HPIA, all Read, Admins Write.

- Running command (as admin) "\\<server>\HPIA\HPImageAssistant.exe /Operation:Analyze /Action:Install /Category:All /Selection:All /Silent /ReportFolder:\\<server>\hppacks\HPIAlogs\%computername% /SoftpaqDownloadFolder:\\<server>\hppacks

Runnning as an Admin on a Workstation It kicks in, downloads Softpacks, and creates the logs in in the ..%computername% folders. BUT: it does not unpack and install the SoftPacks. The .HTML-logs just say: "Unable to extract files from SoftPaq" for every one of them.

If I modify the command  to use a local path for SoftpaqDownloadFolder it works, but then again the network folder has no benefits.

Also if I run the GUI on the server hosting the share, directing download to the local shared Softpack folder, it downloads and unpacks everything I ask it to.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,618 11,604 643 479
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RayNorway

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Entering hundreds of model- or serialnumbers here is irrelevant, HP Image Assistant should work on all newer HP computers in an enterprise. The details provided above should be enough.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation