Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Various HP Laptops And HP Desktops
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I´m wondering if anyone has encountered the error codes 9537 and 9547 while running HPIA in a ConfigMgr OSD Task Sequence ? These error codes are not documented anywhere in the HPIA User Guide.

I´ve tried this on different HP EliteDesk and HP EliteBook computers but I keep getting these error codes. Below is an excerpt from a HPIA log on a HP EliteBook 840 G3. I also get the same error codes when running HPIA from command line in full Windows so I don´t know what else to try anymore. The individual SoftPaqs can be installed in full Windows 10 by double clicking and installing them. Could someone please help me moving the troubleshooting forward?

04-16-2020 12:05:43 -- Launching 'C:\ProgramData\HP\HP Image Assistant\HP EliteBook 840 G3\sp101769 Intel Bluetooth Driver\install.cmd'
04-16-2020 12:05:43 -- Successfully launched installation. Waiting up to 45 minutes to finish...
04-16-2020 12:05:43 -- Installation completed. Error code = 9547.
04-16-2020 12:05:43 -- Launching 'C:\ProgramData\HP\HP Image Assistant\HP EliteBook 840 G3\sp101947 Intel WLAN Driver\install.cmd'
04-16-2020 12:05:43 -- Successfully launched installation. Waiting up to 45 minutes to finish...
04-16-2020 12:05:43 -- Installation completed. Error code = 9537.
04-16-2020 12:05:44 -- Exiting with exit code: InstallFailed
04-16-2020 12:05:44 -- Exiting with exit code: 3020

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

See the same error running on Windows.

The automation is borked basically.  Their packagers/automation is just poor, rookie no "" using mistakes.

Install.cmd just CD to the bin and runs installcmdwrapper.exe, which then runs another install.cmd in the bin folder.  Yes really.  I would understand if there was any version switching logic but doesn't look to be the case.

If looking at the logs in the bin folder, the wrapper exe returns error code 87.  From quick googling and behavior the error most likely means parameter incorrect.  

If you run the install.cmd in the bin folder manually it runs fine.

Looking at process monitor, you can see the wrapper runs the bin\install.cmd using "c:\windows\cmd.exe" /c  %pathofwrapper%\bin\install.cmd but doesn't use any quotes around the path.   HPIA extracts this SP in a long folder path with spaces, most likely causing the error.

HP Recommended

Hello

I had the same error , it's an issue of how some driver are installed . they are drivers for  WLAN ,  BT and Wireless button.

I'm waiting for a fix of the same softpaqs or a new softpaqs.

I already reported the same issue to HP.

bye

HP Recommended

Yes

I got the same understanding.

bye

HP Recommended

Dandirk: Thank you very much for explaining how and why the errors occurs.  That is very much appreciated. 😀
Hopefully HP will notice and fix these issues.

TryToDoMybest: Please let me know if you get any response from HP.

HP Recommended

hello

I'll do .

bye

HP Recommended

Hello

HP release few days ago a new version of Image Assistant that should fix the issue  about some softpaqs are not installing.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

I didn't have the time to try by my-self.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.