Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cx0017nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP experts,

during the playback of audio tracks, when the notebook is without activity for at least 30 seconds, the sound starts after a few seconds, losing the beginning of the song; it is delayed.
I have already run HP Support Assistance which has updated everything, I have also updated the Realtec Audio driver via windows update (driver manual panel).

But all without success.

I suspect it is due to the pre-installed software "Intel storage rapid" (version 16.8.xxxx) that caches in buffer the data !!??

Because while immediately after the first playback the other tracks have no problems.

Can you help me ? : \

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@dnlsan Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you check if the issue persists with other applications such as the VLC media player (free version), and if it appears on it as well, you may want to run the sound troubleshooter using the below steps:

Run the Audio Check in HP Support Assistant to make sure the audio device is functioning properly.

1. Go to HP Support Assistant to download and install the HP Support Assistant software, if it is not already installed on your computer.

2. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.

3. On the My devices tab, click your computer.

Selecting your computer after opening HP Support Assistant

4. Click the Troubleshooting and fixes tab, and then click Audio Check in the One click fixes section.

5. Click Next, and then wait for the audio test to complete.

Clicking Next to start the Audio Check

6. Review the test results on the audio and microphone diagnostic results display, and then click Test Audio.

Reviewing the audio test results, and then clicking Test Audio

7. If sound is not heard correctly, click Unable to Hear Audio and then follow the on-screen instructions.

If the audio issue persists, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & Skip to Step 3: Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for reply, unfortunately the solution does not work. VLC and HP sound check all have an initial delay of a few seconds.

Reading an old post about Realtek driver bugs I also disabled :

<<Click on the "Realtek Digital Output(Optical)" device, then go to the Advanced tab and deselect the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.">>

but nothings 😕

Regards

Daniele

HP Recommended

@dnlsan If you've gone through the steps suggested on the links I shared and yet nothing worked, please use the below steps to run a hardware test to identify any failures:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

all hardware tests are ok.
I discovered (performing several tests) that the problem of the initial delay only happens when I use headphones connected with cable!! (not using the speakers), even of different types, and I do not understand why 😕

Thanks

HP Recommended

@dnlsan considering the tests have passed, it confirms this isn't a hardware malfunction, that said, here's what we need to do:

Installing the Microsoft High-Definition Audio Device Drivers

1. Launch the device manager by searching for “Device Manager” in the start menu
  2. Expand the “Sound, video, and game controllers” node to locate the “Realtek Audio” device, then right-click it and choose “Properties”
  3. In the resulting dialog, switch to the “Driver” tab then select “Update Driver”
  4. Choose the “Browse my computer for driver software” option
  5. Choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”
  6. Uncheck the “Show compatible hardware” option to force the display to include drivers not written by Realtek (all versions of which are affected by this problem)
  7. Select “Microsoft” in the first listbox on the left (the list of manufacturers) then select “High-definition audio device” from the resulting list in the listbox on the left (the devices), then click “Next”
  8. A warning dialog will appear, attempting to dissuade you from selecting a driver not written by Realtek and expressly intended for the sound card in your PC. That is OK, we are using Microsoft’s own drivers and they’re guaranteed to work, so press “Yes” to continue
  9. Windows will begin updating the driver and installing the one you selected. Depending on the speed of your PC, this may take a minute or two, but it should complete on its own without any intervention, and then you’ll see an “Audio Drivers Installed” dialog confirming the update has completed

10. At this point, close the driver dialog and the device manager, and then restart your PC to complete the process
  11. Restart your PC to complete the process. You may or may not see a prompt asking you to do so, but you should restart in all cases

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Probably, from fast tests, the delay doesn't present anymore in the headset, but with this driver there are many annoyances and glitches.

So I decided to go back to the official Realtek driver installed by HP SP92780 setup

😕

HP Recommended

@dnlsan That's awesome, I suggest you follow the below steps to disable the windows update for the time being, so it doesn't automatically update the drivers for your device and cause the issue again, microsoft is bound to release a patch soon, the same should resolve the issue, you can send a feedback to them for the same:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2. Type services.msc and press Enter.

3. Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it.

4. In Startup type, select "Disabled". Then click "Apply" and "OK" to save the settings.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the support, but the problem (my side) has not yet been solved, the microsoft audio driver presents many listening problems; so I'll keep the bug open until I find a definitive solution from HP (Realtek) official driver, or alternatively a better Microsoft standard driver.

HP Recommended

@dnlsan Alright, you do that and in the meantime I'll check with the R&D team for solutions, 

let us know if you have any new developments in the issue.

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.