13 5 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Laptop Warranty Query

HP Recommended
Pavillion Gaming 15-ec1024ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello ,

I want to purchase a gaming Laptop HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1024ax.It got the latest and coolest specs but It doesn't has an M.2 SSD.A Higher variant has one but it costs expensive to me.

I am wondering that I can purchase a new SSD and then install it in the gaming laptop and clone the operating system on it.

Does doing this thing will actually void my warranty ??

If yes then tell me what to do...

This is the actual laptop.

hp.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,961 88,217 12,302 26,147
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@akgupta0777 

Warranty is a grey/gray area very hard to say in concrete. For new generation machines, adding something is a work for Authorized Service Provider parts . You can add yourself. If something went wrong due to this upgrade, I think HP would not honor warranty.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
akgupta0777
Author
Level 2
13 5 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Banhien 

It means I should go to HP Service Center and they will install HP SSD to my machine and then It will not get my warranty void.

Am I right?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation