Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8470P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor do not Work Properly. Also, windows 10 notifies that Accelerator is not compatible with this version of windows. I am currently using preview build but same errors were found on the stable build i.e. Redstone 4, 1803. Serached the web followed all the suggestions and Installed the latest version of drivers but all invain. Attached the picture.

Other problem is that when I insert the Sim card in , it notifies that sim or device is locked with pin 2 code. I downloaded the HP Connection Manager but it was removed by the windows due to incompatibility. It seems there is no solution to this problem. 

HP Elitebook 8470P

4 gb Ram

Core i5 erd generation

1tb HDD.

Windows 10 build 18214 64 bit.

Untitled.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there is no fix to get the model accelerometer your notebook has to work on W10.

There is a way you can install the driver, but I doubt the accelerometer will work.

First, go into the Windows control panel>Programs>Uninstall a program and uninstall any 3D driveguard software listed there.

Then go into the device manager, right click on the HP mobile data protection sensor, select uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC.

Now you should see an Unknown Device listed in the device manager (this is the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor).

Download and save, but do not run this file...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard Software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71714.exe

Then download and install this free file utility.   The 2nd file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

https://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the 3D driveguard file you saved.

Select 7-Zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-Zip extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp71714).

Once that is done, go to the device manager, click on the unknown device.

Click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver, select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

I can't help you with the sim card issue.

Does your notebook have a WWAN card to even be able to use the SIM card?

HP Recommended

Hi

First of all, a bundle of thanks. 

As far as HP 3D DriveGuard is concerned, I have tried the solution with the package you have mentioned but invain. After that I tried it with the latest driver version, i believe,  HP 3D DriveGuard Software 6 sp82228, again invain.

Yes, my lapto has WWAN card. But I need to know the details of the card from the seller.

Again Thanks and Kind Regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work for you.

HP Recommended

I have hp un2430 mobile broadband module. Drivers are installed. HP Connection Manager also not compatible with Windows 10.

How can I use the sim/mobile data in Windows 10?

Please elaborate the procedure.

Thanks and Kind RegardsHP un2430.jpg

HP Recommended

:An update:

Following drivers installed perfectly, but Cellular Data turned off. Any solution or advice?

"Sierra Wireless Driver Package for HP un2430 Mobile Broadband sp79200"

Cellular Data Turned Off.jpg

HP Recommended

Finally connected through the Cellular connection after installing the drivers mentioned in the last post ("Sierra Wireless Driver Package for HP un2430 Mobile Broadband sp79200") on my HP EliteBook 8470p and turned on the cellular data through the windows network manager. Problem in the connectivity through the cellular connection has been solved though HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor drivers are not fully compatible with the Windows 10.

Solved Cellular Data ConnectedSolved Cellular Data Connected

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.