Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8570w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor still worked good in Anniversary Update, but after I updated to Creators Update, it can't be used again. This Windows 10 version of HP MDP which I downloaded in the HP's website. I've reboot and even reset the PC, but the problem cannot be solved. Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Install this one http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62981.exe .

If still not working manually browse to the extracted files from device manager driver update and choose the inf file.

It worked for my 4540s.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended

Hi,

same here: the Mobile Data Protection Sensor worked fine in Windows 1511 but not in 1703.

regards

George

HP Recommended

same here: the Mobile Data Protection Sensor worked fine in Windows 1607 but not in 1703. (hp 8570w)

HP Recommended

Same here. Waitinf for a driver update. hopefuly soon. Probook 4440s.

HP Recommended

Yep, I've got exactly the same issue.

After updating to Creators Update the Mobile Sensor is blocked in the device manager with the following message:

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Check for solutions does nothing though, and there are no drivers out there that actually work.

ProBook 4740s

HP Recommended

Me too the same in hp elitebook 8570w

HP Recommended

HP 8470p same thing.....

Anyone knows when we could expect the update?

HP Recommended

Same problem with the 2570P

HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem with the 2570P

HP Recommended

Install this one http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62981.exe .

If still not working manually browse to the extracted files from device manager driver update and choose the inf file.

It worked for my 4540s.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.