Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-19-2020 11:19 PM
I would like to change the settings of my input control. Last month i have set it to focus to multiple voice. Now I would like to return it back to focus only on my voice.
But some settints are missing from the B&O Software
It should have the option to select HP Noise Cancellation.
10-22-2020 05:30 PM
@Uguvweweks Have you attempted a system restore to resolve this issue?
(A system restore does not change your personal files, so the data is safe, only settings are reverted to the selected date: click here for details)
That said, If the issue persists, please try the below steps:
- Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
- In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High Definition Audio or Conexant (depending on what driver you have).
- Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
- Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
- In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
- At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
- In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High Definition Audio.
- At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.
- Enjoy your music now!
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,
And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first!
That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
11-07-2020 06:32 AM
I followed your steps, but after starting the Omen Audio Control application, it switched back to the controller on Realtek High Definition Audio.
The Win 10 version is 10.0.19041.
The Realtek High Definition Audio version is 6.0.8940.1, which is the current version.
My notebook: HP Omen 17-an012nc
What procedure should I choose to keep my High Definition Audio Device controller as you mentioned above in the description?
I can't use ntb at 100% because of this setting, which is missing there (HP Noise Cancellation).
11-23-2020 08:45 AM
Uguvweweks , Welcome to the HP Support Community!
1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.
2) Check for updates.
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer & update the BIOS
and Please follow the link
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
11-25-2020 05:21 PM
, I have posted a possible solution to the issue that you are facing with your HP Product, let me know once you have tried the steps and if it worked for you.
I did not hear back from you yet. Please let me know whether your issue is resolved or you need additional help.
Please click “Accept as Solution” on my Public post if the issue is resolved, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
We haven’t heard from you in a while,
This post is with reference to the thread you had created at your friendly neighborhood HP Forums. I would like to know if the resolution provided worked for you.
Keep me posted. Happy to help!
11-29-2020 12:37 PM
This message is from the HP Support team,
Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved?
If not, I could help you get there.
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post.
Have a great day ahead!