Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Good day all. Is there any DRIVER UPDATE on-work for HP Notebook 15-ba079dx? Or probably any BIOS update? Latest BIOS Update on HP website was  just last Jul 17, 2020 with version F.37 Rev A which is about to be a year already. It's just not me who had a problem upon installing a second drive thru HDD caddy. There are a lot of users who are experiencing the same issues too who asked in community forum but was unable to resolve their issue. Does HP still provide support for this device?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@procsefx 

You mention hard drive Caddy and I see your model laptop comes with an optical drive.  If the caddy is used in the place of the optical drive, you are going to be very disappointed with the performance of a hard drive or SSD in that caddy -- because it is then connecting to the optical drive port and that is not designed to support an SSD or HDD.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.