cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP OMEN 15-en0001AX integrated graphics more prioritized

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 2020 15-en0001ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I received my laptop the first thing I did was finish the windows installation and updated my nvidia drivers

Then I installed fortnite to test the fps

The game was running at a mere 20-40 fps 

This model has a ryzen 4600h with integrated graphics

The graphic card is a gtx 1650ti

I checked task manager and it showed me that the integrated graphic card was being used at a high percentage

I searched online but rarely found any questions relating to my issue

according to my display settings the display was connected to the integrated graphics

I tried disabling my integrated graphics via device manager but nothing changed

Some said online that I should re install drivers and some said to do a fresh install

Tried both and failed to make any change

What do I do now?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,652 30,601 2,531 3,827
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Adi20 The dedicated/discrete GPU is system managed and cannot be changed or set as default manually, there are a few tweaks that could be made using the steps in this link: click here to explore, that said, if you've confirmed that one of the two GPU's isn't working, you may want to perform a hardware test to identify hardware malfunction and we could work on repairing or replacing the GPU that no longer works:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
    • If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation