Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-wd000 (7B9S2AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi recently I bought an HP Omen 16 with RTX 4060 and Intel Core I7 13620h 16gb ram version 512GB SSD windows 11version. Right after I upgraded the SSD to 1TB and installed windows 10 instead as I really don't like windows 11. 

I installed all the necessary drivers from HP´s website.

Issues: 

1. Although my keyboard shortcuts works with the function keys but there was a subtle animation which was present at its default state (ex. when you disable touch pad with Fn+F11 there used to be an animation popup) and now they are gone. I do not see any animation but the function works. I wonder which driver/software do I need to install? How do i fix it? 

2. On my Laptop the HP gaming hub does not has the under-volting feature. There is no were I could find it through the Gaming hub. I looked up online then I found, There is some specific BIOS version required to have this feature enabled for that i need to contact HP's Support center. My current BIOS version is: F.02 release date 10-03-2023. This is the original BIOS version and I did not update or tinkered with it. 

3. The cooling fan tend to be active all the time. I looked up on the internet and found that there is a settings on the bios which I need to change. I did that and now its somewhat better but I wonder if HP has a different bios version which improves the system fan curve! 

Thanks in advance incase if someone is able to resolve these issues both the community and HP support center. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @asif2fun,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To fix this issue, you will need additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.