Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there any way to set up a macro for the pause key ( FN + Shift)  on HP OMen latop using Omen Command Centre?

I have tried several times setting the macro just as FN  Shift  and the macro accetps it as Pause but it does not work in games. I have checked the macro buttons with other macros and they work fine.

Its just a PITA to have to use both hands to pause games.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Beltzer

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Configure the macro keys (P1-P6) on the OMEN computer to initiate a series of recorded key presses using a single keystroke.

• NOTE: The macro feature is only available on OMEN computers with dedicated macro keys.

Record a series of keystrokes to be initiated using a macro key.

1. Select the key set to choose which key press or combination of key presses initiates the macro.

1. Select the key set

2. Select the key

2. Choose a key for the new macro, then click Create new.

The Create Macro screen opens.

Creating a macro

3. Name the macro.

4. Select a delay option.

• Recorded delay: The time between keypresses is recorded and applied when the macro is initiated.

• Fixed delay: Assign a uniform delay between each keypress in the macro.

• No delay: All keys in the macro are activated at the same time.

5. Click Record to begin programing the macro.

6. Press each key in the desired macro sequence.

7. Click Stop to finish the macro.

8. Edit any keypresses or delays that require change.

Editing a macro

9. Click Save to finalize the macro.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.