Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, since the beginning of this year I've experience a lot of stuttering, my screen freezes for between 1 and 3 seconds (it varies). It's kinda weird that it isn't constant as there are days it doesn't happen at all but sometimes it's unbearable. It happens mostly during games, but I've seen my screen freezing when I'm doing other stuff, such as typing in Discord. I don't have it recorded but I will try because for some reason it never happens when I'm recording (maybe this information may help). I swear that I can't find what is causing it or how to fix it, I will list what I have already done (I searched every tutorial possible and still didn't fix it).

- At first I thought it was outdated drivers, but clean wiping the current ones and installing the latest NVIDIA drivers didn't work.

- Already set all battery and energy settings for high performance

- I installed QuickCPU so my processor performance is at 100%

- I installed CCleaner to clean out some junk and free some space

- I installed MSI Afterburner and everything seems to be fine (CPU temp/usage/clock/energy and same for GPU)

- I opened my laptop and cleaned the filters, it reduced the temp a lot but didn't solve much (in the first day after cleaning my laptop didn't stutter, but then in the next day the stuttering was back)

- Updated my BIOS

- I checked my HDD's health through Sentinel and RAM through cmd, everything was fine

And still after doing all of that, the stutter continues. I honestly don't know what to do, I have the same laptop for three years (model and specs below) and for some reason it has been stuttering since the beginning of 2021. Since every component seems to be fine, I assume it isn't a hardware issue but a software issue causing the stuttering, but as I'm no expert, I don't know how to fix, this is like my last shot of solving this because I am so done with that, I'm even buying a new PC this year but I still plan on using this laptop for other occasions since I'm getting a desktop. I appreciate your patience.

Specs:

PedroL0807_0-1635061086083.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

So my son's warranty ran out 3 to 4 weeks ago.  We finally had it running efficiently after having the PC delivered on day one with the CPU liquid cooler not attached, a strange issue where the PC would turn on and the off and then on again everytime on startup among a half dozen other issues.  I was emailing a gentleman in the claims department named Victor and he offered me a chance to fully refund the PC.  I told him that was great but I was getting a double fusion back surgery and this PC was all my son had.  That for the time being the PC was at least operating and my son could still game on it.  I requested that instead of sending it in for full refund because my son would be devastated not having his PC and how he had only had it for a few months, that I would ask that HP extend the warranty to two years for us instead.  I am a single father and my son is handicapped and autistic.  This PC was all he had ever wanted and saved every last penny I had to buy the Omen 30L, I5-10600k CPU, Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER gpu, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 1 TB HDD.  So then my email got hacked and I lost contact with Victor and was recovering from my back surgery.  I had assumed that HP extended the warranty to two years.  that is until this latest issue started.  We found out the warranty ended after the first year.  As soon as the the warranty ended HP started initializing these BIOS updates that instantly caused severe stuttering and lag.  So bad that my son was unable to game anymore on his PC.  So we had to restore the PC to an earlier date and/or wipe PC clean.  We would do this and the stuttering and lagging went away and the PC was playable again.  However HP keeps initializing this BIOS update over and over and over again.  If we accept it, it makes the PC impossible to game on, if we cancel it, it just repeats again two hours later and will restart the PC when we decline.  So I don't know what to do.  I spent about $2,500 on a PC that has just been a nightmare for the entire time we had it.  I explained to the very nice claims employee named Victor that as nice as sending the PC in for a full refund was, it wasn't a solution for my son given the terrible time period we were in with my back surgery and the fact my son using his PC was all he would be able to do when I was recovering.  I assumed HP extended the warranty to two years based on the issues we had and that I told Victor we just couldn't send it in for a full refund because of our situation at the time, that the PC was working and that a two year warranty extension would best suit us at that moment.  Like I said this never happened and as soon as the one year warranty ended this strange BIOS update that renders the PC useless in terms of gaming is initializing on its own every two hours or so.  Please help us.  This is the first time I have been a consumer of an HP product and for $2,500 I am disappointed in the continuous issues my son has experienced with this PC.  especially since day one with the CPU liquid cooler being off the bracket and i forgot to mention earlier that I also had to reseat the RAM in the first week as well.  Thank you for taking the time to read this and I only want a fair solution.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.