Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: hp Spectre 15-eb0003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is my second HP Spectre laptop and my previous one had HP Orbit installed. Does anyone know how I can download it onto my new Spectre. All HP seem to tell me is how to download it onto my phone. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Maurice.

Unfortunately, that I would not know.

HP Orbit requires the HP support solutions framework software like the HP support assistant does.

If you have both the HP support assistant and support solutions software installed, then I would have to assume the software is no longer supported on the newer model HP PC's.

The link I posted was the latest version available.

Upon researching this further, it appears to me that there is an HP Quickdrop app which seems very similar to the HP Orbit app.

Maybe that is the one you need now...

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c06535756#:~:text=%20HP%20PCs%20-%20Using%20the%20HP%20QuickDr...

You can download the above HP Quickdrop app from the Microsoft Store.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can download HP Orbit for Windows at the link below...

This package provides HP Orbit, which allows users to seamlessly transfer text, photos, and files between PCs and mobile devices. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80951.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help Paul I have downloaded the driver package but unfortunately it is now asking me to download HP Support Assistance which I have done> but alas this also does not fix the problem as it now seems that HP Orbit is not supported in Windows 10 or am I wrong 

Thanks

Maurice

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Maurice.

Unfortunately, that I would not know.

HP Orbit requires the HP support solutions framework software like the HP support assistant does.

If you have both the HP support assistant and support solutions software installed, then I would have to assume the software is no longer supported on the newer model HP PC's.

The link I posted was the latest version available.

Upon researching this further, it appears to me that there is an HP Quickdrop app which seems very similar to the HP Orbit app.

Maybe that is the one you need now...

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c06535756#:~:text=%20HP%20PCs%20-%20Using%20the%20HP%20QuickDr...

You can download the above HP Quickdrop app from the Microsoft Store.

HP Recommended

Paul THANK YOU< THANK YOU<THANK YOU

It does seem like the HP QuickDrop is the new version of HP Orbit. I have already downloaded it from the microsoft store and already used it and it works perfectly.

Thanks again

Maurice

HP Recommended

Anytime, Maurice.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.