Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy m6 1105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am unable to run the non-UEFI HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows without receiving "to help protect your security, your web browser has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options..." Once selecting "allow blocked content," the page does not load.

Software: HP PC Diagnostics Windows 1.6.8.0

Windows:

• Edition: Windows 10 Home
  • Version: 20H2
  • Build: 19042.804 10/16/2020

I've tried:

- Uninstalling

- Changed properties to always run as adminhp diagn 2.pnghp diag 3.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI@TonyTone44, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Are you able to boot into BIOS?

As you mentioned when you power on your PC you are getting a black screen with the error HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS UEFI. 

If you are able to boot into BIOS try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Try the steps recommended below.

Press CTRL + Alt + Del on the blank screen.
Click on Task Manager
Click "File" - "Run a new task" If there is no "file" option, please click on the task manager under the "details"
In the pop-up window, enter "msconfig" click "OK"
In the system configuration window that appears, click "Service" and uncheck "App Readiness".
Click "Apply" --- "OK"
In the following window appears to click on the "restart"

Also, try the steps recommended below.

If you have previously disabled App Readiness
Boot the PC
Click Start and type Services
Open desktop app Services and find App Readiness
Open the service and set Startup type to Manual
Click Apply and close the window
Download and install HP Image Enhancement for System Login using this link.
Reboot PC

If you have not disabled App Readiness
Boot the PC
Wait 15-20 minutes for the boot process to complete and desktop to load
Once on desktop, Download and install HP Image Enhancement for System Login.
Reboot your computer and let me know if this helps you fix the issue.

Also, try updating the BIOS and other drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

As mentioned, I cannot run the non-UEFI HP PC Hardware Diagnostics; I can via the BIOS, however.

HP Recommended

Hi @TonyTone44,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.