Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-CS3001NE Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have A NEW HP Pavilion 15-CS3001NE which comes with windows 10 home edition and 16 GB RAM which i bought 2 weeks ago, and i am facing this weird thing:-

1. if i leave the laptop turned off (mainly on hibernate) overnight
  2. then plug the laptop to the electricity
  3. open the lid

the laptop will turn on automatically ... any advice? now if i turn it off and try to do the same the laptop will not turn on.. so i need to leave it turned off over night for the problem to occur...

any advice if this is an issue with my laptop or it is a feature that i can control?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is the automatic maintenance of Windows. Setting via: Enter Security and Maintenance under Search> Maintenance> Change maintenance settings> Remove check mark.
The maintenance is carried out at a time when the laptop is already running.

HP Recommended

i went to the steps you mentioned and i got this page:-

automatic update.png

so what i need to do?

HP Recommended

Since I don't have a Windows with an English-language interface here, click this link. 

HP Recommended

as you can see from the screen shot , i have the checkbox unchecked.. so i do not think maintenance is causing the problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.