Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am a USAF/DAV that recently purchased this from a local Pawn Shop. The OS that was factory installed was Windows 8.1 64-bit. Microsoft upgraded me to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit beacause of service connected disabilities that is supposed to help me out due to Cortana (have trouble typing and mouse movement due to nerve damage in arms, hands, fingers).

I am having trouble with Cortana not being able to hear me even after going to Device Manager and making sure all Drivers are updated and Defaults chosen.  I would like to make this Notebook as fast,efficiant and reliable as it has become my "best Friend" but has an attitude issue.  Here is a WishList of needs and wants and if Possible. (post edited for content)

• TOTAL Voice Control across Entire OS Environment
  • Deep Burn Windows 10 Pro into Hard Drive (like factory) In case of Crash and no Flash Drive or install discs...which I do not have anyway.

any tips or suggestions for complete "Optimization" would be appreciated ... I use this computer for all Business needs, Health needs, Family/Friends Contacts, Entertainment.

...in advance...THANK YOU ALL!!!

R W Beatty

Richard W Beaty Jr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

2 suggestions:

1. Get a good headset with microphone. The microphone built into the chassis of the laptop is not ideal. For example, Skype discourages trying to use it for video calling. 

2. You do not have recovery disks but you can make a system backup that could be used to put your exact software setup, apps, documents, etc. back on the machine in the event of a hard drive failure. You can never rely on any hard drive as the sole copy of any information that is important to you. 

Please provide the model number so we can be more detailed in giving advice about your hardware. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

2 suggestions:

1. Get a good headset with microphone. The microphone built into the chassis of the laptop is not ideal. For example, Skype discourages trying to use it for video calling. 

2. You do not have recovery disks but you can make a system backup that could be used to put your exact software setup, apps, documents, etc. back on the machine in the event of a hard drive failure. You can never rely on any hard drive as the sole copy of any information that is important to you. 

Please provide the model number so we can be more detailed in giving advice about your hardware. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.