cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Pavilion 17 how to enable bluetooth

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-e123cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help me find the bluetooth option on my HP Pavilion 17 TS notebook pc.  I need to connect it to a wireless speaker using my wifi.  My model number is E8B97UA.  
Thank you so much,

Michlelle

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
121,930 112,110 17,985 27,436
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs page for your notebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-17-e100-TouchSmart-Notebook-PC-series/6661697/model/...

Unfortunately, it does not come with built in Bluetooth networking, or that feature would have been listed along with the 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN wireless connectivity specification.

The easiest thing to do to add bluetooth networking to your notebook, would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.

I use this one...

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

okay, thank you.  I just ordered it and it should come by Wednesday.  Hopefully I can figure out what to do with it once I get it:smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

After you plug it in, wait a few minutes, and W10 will automatically install the bluetooth drivers you need, and it will work just as you imagined it would.

See this guide for how to turn on the bluetooth device.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/1b9c215b-c5cd-4da9-b163-14f0b82a491a/how-to-find-...

Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay so I just put in the bluetooth adapter that you suggested and it works but it is very delayed . . . the video lips don't match the output sound on my bluetoothed device.  Is there anything that can be done about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why that is happening or what if anything, can be done to remedy the problem.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation