3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible / Not Connecting to HP TPA-B01 Docking Station

Pavilion X360 / TPA-B01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I picked up a new Pavilion X360 notebook and looking to use my docking station to power my PC and connect to another HDMI display.

It does appear these are working together. I downloaded the driver to the HP TPA-B01 docking station, rebooted PC, etc...no luck.

Is this TPA-BO1 docking station not compatible with my laptop?

If not - I'm having a hard time finding other docking station options that:

- Connect at least one display and accept Ethernet cable 

- Most importantly -  will Power the Laptop when connected

Any feedback on the current docking station and then if not compatible,  suggestions for alternatives? Thank you!

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
Level 19
Level 19
79,895 79,790 9,889 21,347
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@kroc0005 

Is it the following one ?

https://store.hp.com/in-en/default/hp-elite-usb-c-docking-station-x7w54aa.html

It is compatible with HP x2 1012 G2 Tablet, HP x2 1012 G1 Tablet, HP Pro Tablet 608 G1, HP ChromeBook 13 G1, HP EliteBook Folio G1. 

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
kroc0005
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes - thank you Banhien. That's exactly the one that I have and interestingly -- apparently USB-C powered connectors are not adaptable to any notebook with a USB-C port. (Sigh). Any idea why that is the case? Is it really just a ploy to make everyone buy proprietary versions and spend new money on new accessories with each new purchase?

That being said - even when selecting on my HP laptop - 

https://store.hp.com/in-en/default/hp-pavilion-x360-14-dh1025tx-8ga92pa.html

there are not any associated/suggested powered docking accessories. Do i need to use an HP version or are there any others out there you or anyone else would recommend for me to try?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Level 19
Level 19
79,895 79,790 9,889 21,347
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@kroc0005 

The specs of yout machine is

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06433512

It only has 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port. That port works similar to other USB 3.1 ports. You can't charge your machine with that port nor connecting it to a monitor. I call it is a hopeless port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
kroc0005
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

THank you - i see that now as well. I guess that means it's hopeless to use a docking station to charge it. 

THnk you for the wonderful responses!

kroc0005

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation