Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My TouchPad/ClickPad is not working completely. It can select by single finger tapping, right click by two finger tapping, and open the Windows Start Menu by three finger tapping.

But the other features/gestures are not working:

1) Scroll

2) Zoom

3) The left and right buttons do not respond and all

I have tried updating my ELAN TouchPad driver software to the latest version, looked at multiple HP forums, but nothing seems to work.

On the devices menu, it shows that the driver is working properly, all the gestures I need are also enabled - but they're just not working.

Please help. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@spneoh,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

Let's try these steps here: 

Uninstall the touchpad drivers from Device manager: 

1) Right click on the start or Windows icon and open the "Device Manager".
2) Expand the "Mice and other pointing devices".
3) Right click on the " TouchPad".

4). Click on Uninstall.

5). Select the option to delete the driver package from the system.

Once done, restart the computer and then I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and touchpad drivers either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant.

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

You may also refer to this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.