Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion DM-1 4310

Hello. 

I bought this device in 2013. However wasnt the p3rson who used it. My child was the owner. When I bought him a new laptop he gave my HP back. 

And now I see the things my child was complaining about.  I thought that he exaggerated, but he wasn't. There is a bigg slowww down. 

Although I equipped this netbook with SSD, the browser lags. Although I installed/updated new drivers the laptop lags when playing 720p videos. 480p looks normal. But not only videos are the problem. Browser lags even when visiting normal pages even without tons of flash. 

I am really dissapointed. Brazos 2.0 was supposed to be a deal breaker. A succesor of 1.0. Some people call it Brazos 1.5.

Fan is working on and on because I set maximum performance. However don't see THIS PERFORMANCE.

I have not installed any sh*t apps which are considered to slow down my APU. 

That's an unpleasant surprise. Even lenovo with the lowest INTEL HD GRAPHICS is faster. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How much RAM do you have? Frankly the best OS for netbooks in my humble opinion is Ubuntu Netbook...it is very tolerant of lesser hardware.  Almost nobody is willing to use Linux, I know so I would go Windows 10. It came with 8. Not a fan. 8 or 8.1 is a toss-up, really but if you have 8.1 I would not go back to 8. 

The netbook actually has 2 memory slots and can take up to 8 gigs of RAM. 

Your Service manual

If you put in an SSD you have been in there where the memory is. See p. 53. 

8 gigs of RAM would have to help and a 4 gig stick of DDR3 would be pretty cheap. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

How can we help? The AMD E2 series processor is very challenged to say the least. I think that is the source of the problem. 

HP Recommended

All i would like to know is how can make my 4310 work more fluently ?

Is the problem I described in the previous post made because of the OS? I installed windows 8.1. Maybe I should stick to 8 ?

Should I install windows 7 ? Or maybe should I try windows 10 ?

All drivers I installed come from HPs support website.

Or maybe should I just accept that what Is just a budget netbook and expect no high performance. 

However it makes me angry, especially after my friend told me that my netbook lags horribly despite the fact I bought SSD :))

HP Recommended

How much RAM do you have? Frankly the best OS for netbooks in my humble opinion is Ubuntu Netbook...it is very tolerant of lesser hardware.  Almost nobody is willing to use Linux, I know so I would go Windows 10. It came with 8. Not a fan. 8 or 8.1 is a toss-up, really but if you have 8.1 I would not go back to 8. 

The netbook actually has 2 memory slots and can take up to 8 gigs of RAM. 

Your Service manual

If you put in an SSD you have been in there where the memory is. See p. 53. 

8 gigs of RAM would have to help and a 4 gig stick of DDR3 would be pretty cheap. 

HP Recommended

I have 4Gigs. DO you really think that additional 4 gigs would do the job? just for movies, browser, music and some documents editing ? If yes then I will look for another 4 gbs stick.

If it goes about OS. I will try 8 or 10 or even maybe linux :)))

HP Recommended

Memory is like money in the bank...too much is not enough..seriously, it cannot hurt, but I would not expect miracles. The processor is the bottleneck on the system. You might run the performance monitor and see if you are maxing the CPU or the memory:

Through Task Manager
  1. Open Task Manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Del key combo and then clicking on Task Manager.
  2. Click on the Performance tab in Task Manager. If you're using Windows 8 or higher, you might have to click on more details to see the performance tab.
  3. Click on Memory.
  4. Also check CPU

Keep the monitoring program open while you try a few tasks that normally slow it down and see what is maxxing out. If you never fully use the 4 gigs even when it is lagging, but you hit 100% cpu usage, then more memory is not going to help much. 

HP Recommended

I dont know what to say. Thats incredible. I installed windows 10 and can play 720p videos in the browser in full screen. There are little lags, but before in W8.1 and W7 I had slide show. 

Amazing!!!!

I love windows 10. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.