Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ap0033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I purchased a certified refurbished HP Spectre x360 13-ap0033dx, which I received yesterday. During my set up and configuration of the device, I was able to use the pre-installed HP Pen Control App to configure the buttons on my HP Pen that came with the device. I do not know how to find the model number of the pen, it did not come in its original box. Today, I opened up the HP Pen Control App to change my button configuration again and was met with an error that said "Sorry, HP Pen Control is not compatible with this computer. The app also displays an odd visual glitch where parts of the interface flash white.

I do not see how it is possible that my computer is not compatible considering that the program was working properly yesterday. I have updated all drivers through the HP Support Assistant App as well as reinstalled the HP Pen Control App. Please advise, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@becfilms
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

1. Save any open files and close all open programs.

2. In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list.

Creating a restore point

System Properties opens with the System Protection tab selected.

3. On the System Protection tab, click System Restore.

Selecting System Restore on the System Protection tab

The System Restore window opens.

4. Click Next.

The System Restore window, with Next circled in red

5. Click the Restore Point that you want to use, then click Next.

The confirmation window opens.

6. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

The Confirm your restore point System Properties window, with Finish selected

7. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

The warning that appears before beginning a System Restore

8. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.