Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 7580P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With the end of life of Windows 7, I've started the upgrade process to Win 10 Pro. 

Windows 10 needed the uninstallation of HP Protect Tools and, as you know, all modules must be uninstalled.  No problem.

I looked for HP Protect Tools Security Manager and found that it has been replaced with Client Security Manager (true?).

- I did upgrade the BIOS via HP Support Assistance.

- I have Windows 10 installed on a couple of laptops (HP EliteBooks).  The last step is the encryption of the hard drive.

- I did follow the links provided by the community but did not find the software there.  Perhaps because a few of them are dated.

My next step?     Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

See if this version works for you...

HP Drive Encryption software provides and manages encryption for the computer hard drive. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71555.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are correct.

The HP Protecttools software has been superceded by the HP Client Security manager software.

This version should work for you...

8.3.17.2042      Dec 3, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74101.exe

HP Recommended

That software link was a big help.  thanks.

It did not include the HP disk encryption software.  I understand with HP Protect Tools that this was another package.

Is this available for Win 7 to Win 10 upgrades?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

See if this version works for you...

HP Drive Encryption software provides and manages encryption for the computer hard drive. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71555.exe

HP Recommended

Both suggestions were perfect! And that laptop will be done after encryption.

However, I have about 10 more laptops.   Are the steps going to be - decrypt, remove Protect Tools, install Win 10, then install HP Client Security Services?

While I was reading the threads on this I thought I came upon a HP update that 1) removed all Protect Tools at once or 2) updated the system so it was compatiable with the Win 10 upgrade.  I found the remove all tools but have not been able to verify the HP patch so that I would not have to go through several additional steps.

Suggestions?

Thanks for the great help.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Yes, you would follow the same procedure as you did with the 8570p, and you can use the same security software to install on W10.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of either the removal tool or update patch that you are referring to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.