Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x 360 Convertible 14-ba0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings, Some time back the Laptop suffered an aberation  and went away for repair.

Now it came back and was working fine. However, I needed to ninstall quickdrop on the mobile phone to transfer some pictures but the quickdrop on the laptop is missing.

I've tried downloading from the MS store, but it simply refuses to download and install.

Can anyone solve the mystery as to why this should be and more importantly how do I download the piece of software and minstall it?????   Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with why the HP Quickdrop app is not installing.

What you could try would be installing the old HP Orbit app, which is was the previous software to Quickdrop.

This package provides HP Orbit, which allows users to seamlessly transfer text, photos, and files between PCs and mobile devices. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80951.exe

The only thing is, you would need to uninstall Quickdrop from your phone and install the Android Orbit apk that I have zipped up and attached below.

You can't get it from the google playstore anymore.

The HP Orbit app pretty much looks and works the same way as HP Quickdrop.

The only major difference I observed was that the number of digits used in the code to connect devices is different.

The way I install APK's would be to unzip the file I attached to your PC, plug your phone into your PC and then copy the APK to your phone where you know you can find it, and then install it as usual.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with why the HP Quickdrop app is not installing.

What you could try would be installing the old HP Orbit app, which is was the previous software to Quickdrop.

This package provides HP Orbit, which allows users to seamlessly transfer text, photos, and files between PCs and mobile devices. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80951.exe

The only thing is, you would need to uninstall Quickdrop from your phone and install the Android Orbit apk that I have zipped up and attached below.

You can't get it from the google playstore anymore.

The HP Orbit app pretty much looks and works the same way as HP Quickdrop.

The only major difference I observed was that the number of digits used in the code to connect devices is different.

The way I install APK's would be to unzip the file I attached to your PC, plug your phone into your PC and then copy the APK to your phone where you know you can find it, and then install it as usual.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the info however, running the installer opens the Command Prompt window and nothing happens. Thanks anyway

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work for you either.

Hopefully you will be able to get Quckdrop to install from the Microsoft Store.

HP Recommended

Casn anyone explain to me why the microsft store when downloading quickdrop,only downloads the the apk for the phone but does NOT download theapp for the pc??? Bizarre !!!

I've tried everything I can think of but the .exe refuses to install on the PC!  Anyone offer a solution???    THANKS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.