pirez
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP SoftwareComponent Update locks CPU

HP ProBook 470 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the same problem after installing 'HP Inc. - SoftwareComponent - 2/1/2019 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.9.1" on HP ProBook 470 G5 Win10 H. I lost WiFi. it happened on 2 January first time, but i didnt connected it with updates. Notebook was sent to service to software factory reset. Everything was fine until yesterday 14/4/2019 (below).

Spoiler

prtscr.png

Spoiler

Wifi doesnt works, either there are any wifi controller, even in bios(uefi). I think that only replace ssd fix the wifi because currently uefi hp diagnostics also doesn't find wifi card (wifi card is electrically fine - it worked for a while, few minutes ago, after disconnect the ethernet cable)

P.S. Microsoft update, automatically. It cannot be uninstalled.

2 REPLIES 2
pirez
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wifi temporary works after "netcfg -d" on cmd under administrator privilege and uninstall wifi controller (without removing drivers) in device manager (it was neccesary to "show hidden devices")

0 Kudos
pirez
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Miniport: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, {a85021c4-b807-40a9-a61c-bc8f04ff9027}, zdarzenie: Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power ID10317

there is a series of connected accidents

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation