Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible, Model: 13-ap0008ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP Community,

Model: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0008ca

After upgrading to Windows 10 20H2, the screen rotation in tent mode stopped working. After doing some research, I suspect it is related to the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver. The current driver in support.hp.com only support Windows 10 1909 and it does not work on the newer Windows build.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96858.exe

Has anyone come across a newer HP Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver for Windows 20H2?

Thanks for your help.

PS: I came across some registry tweak to enable Autorotation but that didn't solve it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CarlosLau,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the keyboard being active in tablet mode also. Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting, and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this occur after a recent software or Windows update?
  • Did you check if the notebook has switched to tablet mode completely?
  • Check for BIOS update?

For now, try these steps:

Please perform a hard reset on the notebook by following instructions from this link: https://hp.care/2nwQ054

Then perform these steps:

Please try these steps:

1. Go to the control panel

2. Go to Display

3. Go to Adjust Resolution

4. Be sure "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is CHECKED.

Solution 1:

The keyboard in Windows 10 has an automatic detector to disable the keyboard and the trackpad as soon as it becomes a 'tablet'. To access it go to the following menu items:
Control panel (NOT SETTINGS) -> Keyboard (use icons) -> Keyboard Lock -> Auto-Lock the keyboard and touchpad (recommended)
You can use these settings to disable the keyboard in tablet mode

Solution 2

Some of the users who had a similar issue have mentioned in some forums that the issue is fixed by adjusting the angle of the tablet. When the laptop is rotated sideways it attempts to switch to tablet mode, even when you have not adjusted the screen angle. The sensing is done by an orientation sensor in the base of the laptop, not in the hinges. So, to turn the keyboard back on and to go to laptop mode try tilting the whole laptop towards you slightly and check.

Solution 3: 

• If it does not please perform a complete system recovery again to factory settings.
  • Then install the latest version of HP support assistant.
  • Please perform all Windows update again.
  • Then update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from https://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Please run the Intel driver utility and update it from the Intel website.
  • Also, ensure that you have the latest bios update by running HP support assistant.
  • This should do the trick for you if there is no hardware issue with the computer.

Solution 4

Go to Device Manager > System devices > Intel Integrated Sensor Solution and ensure that the driver is enabled.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.