Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 eb0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got an HP Spectre x360 eb-0000 laptop:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID E4FBA25C-AF07-442F-805E-B6564A03EE60
Product ID 00325-81963-85548-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

It came with firmware 'titanridge version04' PREINSTALLED. I used the HP Software Assistant to "update" the BIOS and I realized that the firmware of titanridge WAS DOWNGRADED back to version01. Nice going!

I tried to find a way to update the titanridge firmware back to version04 but to no avail. The only bios-update available in this page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-eb0000-x360-convertible-laptop-pc-ser...

Is the so-called "bios-update" that downgraded the firmware back to version01. And to prove my point here's a photo I snapped during the "update" (takes some time to load):

What's going on here? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@ksidirop, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The notebook needs to be checked by taking remote access so that get to know it's a software issue. Hences BIOS update will not downgrade any drivers 

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.