Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just wait, it will most likely change. I have run the hardware diagnostics (the one you boot to, not the one that runs under windows).. That diagnostic sometimes says the battery is not calibrated. (Holding the power button down the 15/30/60 seconds seems to affect this too).

Running the 4 hour calibration routine fixed the problem SOMETIMES, but it did revert back to broken, spastic operation.

The bottom line here is why is Windows messing with whether the charger is connected or not, it should just read the status.

And why does HP allow Windows to mess with it? Clearly there is some interface to allow this to happen, and both Windows and HP are doing a terrible job of it.

Greg

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your help. Perfect Solution.

Actually my issue was a little different from you, i was able to charge my laptop using my USB-C type but i can`t use it for any other purposes. i wan`t even receiving any error.

I switched off my laptop and long press power button for almost 30 seconds and my USB-C type both ports are working properly now.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Does anyone know why this is happening?

HP Recommended

This did NOT work exactly as instructed for me on my 2019 Spectre x360. I called HP support, and they told me to hold down the power button and the F6 key simultaneously for 30 seconds, then plug in the power cord. That worked for me, so if this doesn't work exactly, try it with the power button and F6 key together.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.