Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

What's the difference between the HP Spectre x360 and the HP Envy x360? They both look the same.

The only noticeable difference is that HP Spectre x360 has a Radiance Infinity display, while HP Envy x360 has an IPS display. Having the same specs, except for the display, why is the Spectre x360 more expensive than the Envy x360 ? Moreover, I thought that IPS is better than TN, which is my guess that is the technology used for the Radiance Infinity.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

You've got few questions about those products. Well, come to a store and yoy can see the differences. Better still, you can buty 2 machines and compare.  For build quality, the HP Spectre x360 is much better than the Envy x360 you can also find Pavilion x360 - we are talking about SPECS and BUILD here about plastics and metals about wood and gold.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No need to get annoyed.

I've bought the Spectre x360 online as I haven't seen it in any of the stores I've visited.

Upon closer online inspection I found out the differences between the two, among which is the screen size.

HP Recommended

I've had the same question and even called the sales support phone number.  The lady I spoke to just repeated the spec's on-line.   No help what's so ever...    I need to buy a device and have narrowed it down - but before I plunk down up to $1500...I would like to know what it is I'm buying and why I want one over the other.   I guess it's the endineer in me but I'm not going to buy either HP if I don't understand them.    You mentioned you bought the Spectre 360...  Might you now have any insight on one over the other?   Which one is the better unit/value?   I appreciate any help you can provide being that I can't find anyone at HP who has a clue!    And as to the other gentleman's comment - I have not be able to find them in stores...   

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you be more precise when you say "Spectre better than Envy" what fact makes you say that ?

Which specs and which build ?

plastic and wood for envy

metal and gold for spectre

that means that envy could be lighter (in wheight) than spectre for same specs ?

Will try more research on hp server because the store i have desn't have both envy and spectre.

i need to understand what will i really buy.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello pilloutche

Good question. HP has made the difference between the Spectre and Envy X360 so close that there really isn't much of a difference.

To really compare one against the other, you need to compare the specific Model Numbers.

There are so many different models of each for different areas of the world, there is no way I could tell you one is better than the other.

Traditionally, Spectre's are the top of the line, then Envy, then Pavilion.

In the USA store:

• The Spectre's are primarily 13 inch and all have SSD's only.
  • The Envy's are primarily 15 inch and mostly have an HDD's. Some might have both HDD and SSD.

Both are all metal body.

The type of ram can vary.

Ergo, you have to compare the model numbers available to you.

I have the Spectre X360 with the 6th gen i5. It works great.

I don't know if this these pages will load properly in your country, but here are the links for the HP USA Store for each.

Envy X360

Spectre X360

I stay away from the old HDD's for the OS now days, I guess I'm spoiled.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I got my x360 spectre a couple of days ago and have been loving it, however I was very suprised when my boss bought an almost identical laptop, only it was called the envy. We've been trying for a day now to find the differences, and heres what we have.

Both are touch screen and 360 to start

Specs for my x360 Spectre: $1,499

Model: 15-BL112DX

16.0 GB of RAM

intel Core i7 (8th Generation) 

500gb SSD

Nv

Specs for his x360 Envy: $619

15M-BQ121DX

8.0GB of RAM

AMD Ryzen 5

1TB SSD

AMD Radeon Vega

To put these two simply, theres a price gap. That price is buying me a much better processor and graphics card. His envy cannot do adobe creative suite, but mine can. If you're looking for a powerful browsing and video streaming light gaming laptop, the envy is a steal. but if you're doing graphics heavy games or video editing, you cant really work with the envy, but the spectre is a beautiful and fantastic option. Both seem to have some heating issues, but nothing that is really concerning. 

In terms of different models with different specs, with some light research I can already see that the spectres are usually the model with intel processors and better graphics cards, while the envys tend to stay with intel graphics. 

Thats just my research, but really when the envy cost as much as a spectre they seem to have almost itentical specs, it just seems that where the envy's highest specs end is where the spectres lowest specs begin if that makes any sense. its kind of weird they did this, maybe because physical desig (i.e keyboard etc.) had to change to fit certin things I dont know.

Hope this helps! But do research! 

HP Recommended

If you could tell me where I would be able to do such a comparison on my own, I'd be happy to check it out.  But as far as I know, other than big box stores that get a shipment of pre-determined components, there are no stores where a person can get answers to their questions...thus, we rely on the community and the support hep desk for answers.  This answer to go to a store and figure it out for ourselves is quite disappointing.

HP Recommended

I found the reply to be inappropriate as well.  It is difficult to find stores these days that have multiple options available, everything is online.  I too just made a purchase with not too much help from HP or the community, it took me over a month to get through all the options and make a decision.  I wish I would've known I could have asked some of my questions, many are just like the one you posted.  But then again, this answer to your question wasn't very helpful.  Anyhew, I just wanted to tell you you're not the only one who needed such information or who found the answer to be less than helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.