cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Nikita35
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Stream Notebook - 11-d055ur (ENERGY STAR)

HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook - 11-d055ur (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the reset of the system (I disinstalled Windows 1909 to install Windows 21H1) my touchpad does not work anymore. There was a program Synaptics Clickpad, but it was deleted during the reset process. What should I do to fix the problem and have my touchpad working again? A driver from the product page did not help.

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,145 7,830
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nikita35 

You should NOT have forced the 21H1 version onto your PC, at least, without first making an image backup so you then had something to restore FROM.  Lots of folks have reported similar issues since upgrading to 21H1 and these appear to be related to HP NOT providing driver updates for 21H1 yet -- and they are not providing us any expected dates for these.

You should see if you still have the option, in Windows Update, of restoring the older OS version; otherwise, you are stuck due to the forced update and would have to use external media to reset your PC and will lose everything on it in the process.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Nikita35
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WAWood wrote:

@Nikita35 

You should NOT have forced the 21H1 version onto your PC, at least, without first making an image backup so you then had something to restore FROM.  Lots of folks have reported similar issues since upgrading to 21H1 and these appear to be related to HP NOT providing driver updates for 21H1 yet -- and they are not providing us any expected dates for these.

• You should see if you still have the option, in Windows Update, of restoring the older OS version; otherwise, you are stuck due to the forced update and would have to use external media to reset your PC and will lose everything on it in the process.

So if I deleted the previous version I should wait for drivers for the Windows 21H1?

WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,145 7,830
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nikita35 

Sorry, but that would be your only version if you are insisting on using 21H1.

But, you should know that upgrading from 20H2 to 21H1 is a complete waste of time!  It can be done with an Enablement Package that literally, takes less than five minutes to run -- because it installs nothing new.  The long list of new features originally planned for 21H1 have now been pushed off to 21H2 -- near the end of the year.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation