4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Stream-transfer photos from SD card?

HP Stream
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Is it possible to transfer photos from an SD card to my Stream? I'll be travelling this summer and want to take a lot of pics. Hoping that I can transfer them each evening to my Stream so the SD card capacity won't become a problem.

thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,591 104,769 16,536 25,372
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

You can do that, but you will probably run into a storage issue with your Stream notebook.

The drive is only 32 GB and your SD card is probably that large.

I have an idea that may work better for you...

Buy a 1 or 2 TB USB portable hard drive, plug that into your Stream's USB port, plug your SD card into your Stream notebook and copy the photos from the SD card to the portable hard drive.

One of those shouldn't be that much of a problem to tote around with you...this would fit in a shirt pocket.

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Drive-STGX1000400/dp/B07CRG7BBH/ref=sxin_1_ac_d_pm?...

0 Kudos
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks Paul, that's a great idea!

Kim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,591 104,769 16,536 25,372
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome, Kim.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation