Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy laptop and an HP Pavilion PC.  Both have the "HP Support Assistant" software on them, and each one shows both computers in my account.  On the laptop, when I open the program, it shows that my other computer needs 13 updates, and lists them, each having an exclamation point next to it.  Some are red, some are yellow, and some are blue.  But when I open that same program on my PC, it shows no updates are needed.  

How do I get the software on the laptop to update itself so that it shows that no updates are needed on my PC? 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@stevenk873 

@stevenk873 wrote:

I have an HP Envy laptop and an HP Pavilion PC.  Both have the "HP Support Assistant" software on them, and each one shows both computers in my account.  On the laptop, when I open the program, it shows that my other computer needs 13 updates, and lists them, each having an exclamation point next to it.  Some are red, some are yellow, and some are blue.  But when I open that same program on my PC, it shows no updates are needed.  

How do I get the software on the laptop to update itself so that it shows that no updates are needed on my PC? 

Thank you.

The short answer:  The remote monitoring used by HP Support Assistant doesn't always work as expected.

Blaming the software aside, at this writing, do not depend on HP Support Assistant correctly reporting what the "other computer" needs.

Log into each computer on which the HPSA is installed to check for updates / status on that computer.

Addition:

Remove the "remote" / other computer from HPSA, restart the HPSA software, "Add Device" to re-add the computer.

This is temporary and does not resolve the inability of the HPSA to correctly monitor the remote / other device.

Help and Troubleshooting for HPSA

READ:  Get help and Learn about the HPSA software

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant - Windows 8.x and Windows 10

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks, Dragon-Fur.  

HP Recommended

@stevenk873 

Addition:

Remove the "remote" / other computer from HPSA, restart the HPSA software, "Add Device" to re-add the computer.

This is temporary and does not resolve the inability of the HPSA to correctly monitor the remote / other device.

The HPSA is better with each new version - at some point this, too, will be fixed.  It is also true that the software may work better for some than others.  Not-so-much for everyone.

You are welcome.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.